• 05-06-2012
    DoubleHelix
    Rim and tire compatibility issues.
    I have a old mtb that I'm fixing up for a friend. It has a 26" Velocity Psycho rim... it is really wide.

She wants some flat 26" tires, I have used Continental contacts in the past and really like them. However, when trying to install on the Psycho rim the bead kept being pushed off by the tube.

I'm thinking a tire that has a larger diameter is in need? Thinking about the Maxis Hookworm.

Thanks!
  • 05-06-2012
    rodar y rodar
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleHelix View Post
    She wants some flat 26" tires,

She WANTS flat tires !?! .Ender seems to have a surplus of them lately. Maybe he can loan her a few :lol:

Sounds like a case for the Apples to me. I still don`t have the big ones (26 in), but my 20 x 2.0s are pretty impressive. Roughly the same price as Hookworms, which would probably do the trick also.
  • 05-07-2012
    DoubleHelix
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rodar y rodar View Post
    She WANTS flat tires !?! .Ender seems to have a surplus of them lately. Maybe he can loan her a few :lol:

Sounds like a case for the Apples to me. I still don`t have the big ones (26 in), but my 20 x 2.0s are pretty impressive. Roughly the same price as Hookworms, which would probably do the trick also.

Wow... I meant slicks.
  • 05-08-2012
    jrm
    The t ire needs to be
    wider then the width of the rim.