Right-hooks- Mtbr.com

Thread: Right-hooks

No-Brakes Cougar

No good Right-hooks

We all know how easy it is to get right-hooked by a car or truck. Many of us have had a close encounter, and for some of us it's even happened. But what about your encounters with other vehicles?

I almost got right-hooked by a roadie last night, coming home from work. There he was, resplendent in his lycra clownsuit and carbon bike, struggling to keep up with me. Eventually he clawed his way out front, right at a t-intersection and dives to the right in front of me.

It reminded me of another time when I almost got right-hooked by a motorcyclist. He then proceeded through the turn and honked at a group of pedestrians in the crosswalk. Guess there's just no avoiding ass-hats?
    R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio ~ July 10, 1942 May 16, 2010

I Have Cookies
    are you referring to people who speed up just so they can turn right, rightin front of you? Yah I hate that!!
    The most important thing is what God thinks about it. He will have the final say. Joshua Stinebrink

____
    Kimo

No-Brakes Cougar
    Quote Originally Posted by ae111black
    are you referring to people who speed up just so they can turn right, rightin front of you? Yah I hate that!!
    Yes! Same thing that cars do, when they can easily just duck in behind you and wait a second to make their turn. Especially if you're turning right, too (and at a dead end you probably are).
    R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio ~ July 10, 1942 May 16, 2010

mtbr member
    I almost got taken out by some idiot last night. These two guys, probably 18 or so, were on the bike trail along the river. On the other side of the river was a large gathering of people trying to cool off in the 95-ish degree heat. Probably a bunch of girls in bikinis in there (I should stop and look sometime). Two guys are in the opposite lane, just coasting and craning their necks. I'm right on another guys wheel, waiting to get passed these yahoo's so I can pass him.

One of them just comes directly across our lane right as we're coming up. The guy in front of me had enough room and made it, I didn't. I hit the brakes and came to a stop. The guy was like "WHOA OH WHOA WHOA" and I think he said he was sorry. I just glared at him until he got out of the way, and then I kept going.
    :wq

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I got right hooked on the way up the hill to where I work by a dude in a pickup who went into a locked up skid (skidded past me-got my attention!) to start the turn then kept the slide going with plenty of throttle and tire smoke. It was so cool all I could do was laugh, and go into work with a smile.

Members who have read this thread: 0