Review of my FoxWear Winter Pants as seen on Icebike.org- Mtbr.com
    Moderator Moderator

Review of my FoxWear Winter Pants as seen on Icebike.org

I got these around Xmas, about a week after ordering them from Lou at Foxwear in Idaho. http://www.foxwear.net/products_pants.html He calls them rain pants, but especially since I got them in the heavyweight Windpro Hardface material (from Polartec), I would be inclined to call them a winter pant. Unlike some winter pants, they are nice and soft & quiet, somewhat loose fitting (more pant than tight for sure) and a little stretchy - you will be tempted to wear them around the house like your favorite sweats (you'll be hot unless you keep the thernostat at 55 like me). They have velcro pockets on the sides of the legs, which are one of my favorite features - a bus pass in one side, keys in the other, maybe a cellphone - no more struggling to put stuff back in my pack that is wired to my helmet light. The pants also have a reflective strip around the legs and a generous amount of velcro at your ankle so you can snug them up around your boots. The seat is double-thick, which felt bulky when I first tried them on, but I don't notice it at all now. They are so warm & windproof, they are the only layer I wear (except for bike-short liners) unless it gets down below 10F, when I might add a thin pair of long underwear. They breathe, so they don't get clammy even if you get a little warm on the hills. It has not rained since I got them, but I did have one super slushy day, and while I stayed comfortable, they did soak through in the wettest spots. If your goal is to remain totally dry in a downpour these won't work for that, but you won't get cold if you get caught in the rain either, and they dry out quickly for the ride home. They are $104.50, and you send Lou your measurements for a custom fit. Three other weights are available, and there are other colors too. I liked dealing with such a small company, Lou makes them himself. He also makes jackets, vests, balaclavas, etc. I have worn these pants bikecommuting on every workday since I got them. Highly recommended
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Review of my FoxWear Winter Pants as seen on Icebike.org-p1010014_edited.jpg  

Review of my FoxWear Winter Pants as seen on Icebike.org-p1010016_edited.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  

Members who have read this thread: 0