• 03-15-2008
    RockyRider
    Rear pannier, fender, and disc question
    I am building a Karate monkey up as a commuter and have some questions that somebody here may have already dealt with. I want to put planet bike cascadia 29er fenders on it and rear panniers with rack but I question if I will also be able to put a rear disc on it. I am waiting for a friend of mine to bring me a SRAM I-Motion 9 hub with him from Germany next month and I told him to get the disc version since I could still use a rim brake on it if needed. Anyone have experience with trying to run fenders, panniers, and a read disc?
  • 03-15-2008
    Plum
    I haven't done it yet, but there's a couple options out there for rear racks with discs. I don't have a KM (anymore) but already run the Planet Bike cascadias with an Avid BB& rear brake.

The topeak explorer disc rear rack seemed to be the best option for me, but again, I don't have the funky track ends/ slotted disc dropouts that the KM has. I have one eyelet on the Dropout that my fenders are currently on, and another tapped hole above and forward of the dropout by about 2cm.

There's a recent thread in this forum where I just got some good answers and alternatives to the same question.

Plum