racks

Printable View

• 06-05-2010
    Paul Mattson
    racks
    Any sugestions for a light rack? To be used on a 700c setup. Thoughts for buying online are welcomed.

Thanks
  • 06-05-2010
    Yogii
    How much weight do you want to carry? What kind of mounting points do you have? What size tire are you going to run?
  • 06-05-2010
    TraumaARNP
    I'd recommend the Delta Mega Rack Universal with adjustable legs. 40 lb weight carrying, and if you don't have rack bosses, but do have a brake bridge boss, they have the mounting kit for that.

P.S. For the gentleman inquiring about your tire size, I think 700c setup answers that.
  • 06-06-2010
    pursuiter
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TraumaARNP
    ...P.S. For the gentleman inquiring about your tire size, I think 700c setup answers that.

That's rim size, tire size is something like 32mm, etc. The tire size effects the racks clearence from the tire's tread, wider tires have bigger diameter. If you run 48mm wide 700C tires, you'll need a rack with long stays.
  • 06-11-2010
    primooz
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Mattson
    Any sugestions for a light rack? To be used on a 700c setup. Thoughts for buying online are welcomed.

Thanks

Look no further :)

https://www.tubus.com/en/rear-carriers/airy
    Airy:
    Material: Titanium * Weight: 230 g (without mounting set)* Max. Load: 30 kg * Wheelsize: 28"/26"

• 06-11-2010
    umarth
    For what? Panniers? Practicality? I have a front and rear rack on one of my commuters. I strap my backpack to the front sometimes, and strap things I pick up on the back. But I don't use fenders, soooo....