• 09-13-2011
    nepbug
    Portland Design Works Danger Zone Rear Light
    Decent deal for a 2 x 1/2W LED tail light. If I hadn't just bought a new Smart Lunar 1W I would be all over this. $18.98
    Portland Design Works Danger Zone Rear Light at WesternBikeworks

Here's a nice vid showing it compared to the PBSF and Radbot 1000
    PDW dangerzone vs PBSF vs PDW radbot 1000 - YouTube
  • 09-13-2011
    mechBgon
    If anyone wants something with even more punch, the new hotness is the Cygolite Hotshot. 2 watts, USB-rechargable, $40. Just make sure to aim it dead-on, because it's pretty focused. Also, be careful not to lose the nut from the mounting bolt, it's pretty small and could disappear into your carpet ;)
  • 09-14-2011
    BrianMc
    2 W Hotshot here:CygoLite Hotshot 2W USB Plus includes Wall Charger <$22.

Hotshot video:

ModernBIKE.com - Cygo-Lite Hotshot 2-Watt Taillight - YouTube

Danger Zone video:

ModernBIKE.com - Portland Design Works Danger Zone - YouTube

Planet Bike:

PB SuperFlash Turbo vs PDW Radbot-1000 - YouTube

Most of these lights give the maximum power rating of the LED not actual consumption of the LED in use. One exception is the NiteFlux which pushes 770 mA in flash mode for 4 watts and an 8 hour run time and a 165 plus degree beam but it is $100.

My long distance videos says the Turbo and Radbot 1000 out shoot the Danger Zone at 1/4 mile, but the DZ has better side view and a bit wider beam.
  • 09-14-2011
    jseko
    I've seen a lot of people with the Superflash around here, but I don't know which version. It seems like a very popular light. The high-output LED is very visible in a sea of automobiles at night. The two smaller LEDs, not so much; I don't even think I noticed those until I was within 10-20 meters.

Even on an overcast day, I can see the Superflash's HO LED from quite some distance but same story with the smaller LEDs.
  • 09-14-2011
    jseko
    Is there is a discount code to apply or is the sale over for the DangerZone? I have one but I got it from eBay for around $25.
  • 09-15-2011
    nepbug
    Danger Zone was the "deal of the day" so it was only for that one day.
  • 09-17-2011
    ocsawdust
    i like that light. any shops in socal carry it?
  • 09-17-2011
    jseko
    Jenson USA, but whether or not they carry it in the store, I have no idea.