Poll: Are You a Woman or a Man?- Mtbr.com

View Poll Results: Are you a male or female bike commuter?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Male

61 93.85%
  • Female

4 6.15%
    Moderator Moderator

Poll: Are You a Woman or a Man?

Calling all commuters: please answer the poll, are you male or female? It is anonymous unless you want to share a comment.

Having gotten a couple of "Thanks, man" on the forum I will share first that it is "Thanks, woman"

weirdo
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbxplorer
    Having gotten a couple of "Thanks, man" on the forum I will share first that it is "Thanks, woman"
    Really? Cool- You aren`t the only woman here, but it still isn`t a very even balance. I`m entering a vote for myself, but since I often refer to my commute bike as an "mtb in drag", IT will have to answer for itself depending on how IT feels since I`ve messed with IT`s identity.
    Recalculating....

Maaaaan
    Well...I voted, but I hope I don't get "cooties". It was posted by a girl after all...
    Communist Party Member Since 1917.

mbtr member
    It should be noted that the question is really 'are you a male or female commuter that hangs out on mtb forums?'
    "Things that are complex are not useful, Things that are useful are simple."
    Mikhail Kalashnikov

weirdo
    If not cooties, maybe cuties?
    Recalculating....

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ericmopar
    Well...I voted, but I hope I don't get "cooties". It was posted by a girl after all...
    Haha Good one!

I knew I should have printed out the graph when it showed 100% female (1 vote)!

I may have to poach some more votes from the women's lounge or estrogen.com commuting forum next week.

No-Brakes Cougar
    I'm a dude, bit I'm glad to see there are some ladies on the forum! Keep pedaling.
    R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio ~ July 10, 1942 May 16, 2010

weirdo
    :I may have to poach some more votes from the women's lounge or estrogen.com commuting forum next week.
    Seattlegirl or Pugdawg might see your poll. Maybe others too- as you`ve pointed out, most of us just kind of assume that posters are men unless a "girl- specific" username is involved, so maybe a few more posters are women and we haven`t noticed. That happens more often on rbr, but let`s see if you pull a few out of the woodwork.
    Recalculating....

I'm SUCH a square....
    I'm thrilled to see there are women on this forum! I'm so sick of prissy little princesses, I could puke.

My 2nd wife was, while remaining feminine, nobody to mess with; at LEAST as strong as me, not afraid to break a sweat, or a nail. She used to help me move furniture! SHE was the definition of a woman you could call, as LA put it, a "stud".

mtbr member
    Another female commuter here

fux
    Scooterist
    That makes it 2-28, which in my books makes me a fella.

I`ll also admit that if a user name hasn`t got some girly/womeny tone, I`ll automaticly assume its another guy.

Another assuption I regulary make is if you are female, I will automaticly cycle faster than you....... This unwritten rule is totaly missunderstood by a lot of female cyclists.

On a morning commute last sommer I caught up to a lady in her mid 40`s on a road bike with all the latest gear. Just to put this in perspective, I was also on my road bike doing an all out 20min watt test. I flew past her, gaspt good morning and thought nothing of it until after my 20 minute "ALL OUT" test .

I realised that she had jumped on my rear wheel and looked as fresh as a daisy whilst I was gasping for air with led in my legs.

You might say that I am sexist, but I prefer women to stay by the kitchen sink!

Its just not good for us middle aged fellas who pretend to be fast and use too much money on our crisis.. errr.. hobby

My wife also rides a road bike, she is fast too. What I did here was join facebook just to prove to myself that I can come out on top over her in at least one aspect of my life by gaining more "friends".... needless to say, I dont do facebook anymore...

Disclaimer. I now sell bicycles and bicycle tyres.

instacrap ----> http://instagram.com/manx71/

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Another female commuter here.
    '07 Marin Rift Zone
    '07 Ridley Orion
    KHS fixed gear
    Jamis Allegro 1.0

Hairy man
    Not enough options.
    We all get it in the end.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Not enough options.
    LOL

Dec 2009
    figured I would vote and help to outnumber the females as much as possible.

Fat-tired Roadie
    Quote Originally Posted by fux
    On a morning commute last sommer I caught up to a lady in her mid 40`s on a road bike with all the latest gear. Just to put this in perspective, I was also on my road bike doing an all out 20min watt test. I flew past her, gaspt good morning and thought nothing of it until after my 20 minute "ALL OUT" test .

I realised that she had jumped on my rear wheel and looked as fresh as a daisy whilst I was gasping for air with led in my legs.
    Don't forget that if she grabs your wheel, her power output only needs to be about 60% of yours for her to stay on you.
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

Bedwards Of The West
    Dude here. I have seen one other person on a bike during my commute in the last 5 years. It was another guy. Not another soul on a bike during the other 9,994 miles of commuting. I guess that proves the disproportionate amount of guys theory... 100% males around these parts. lonely, lonely males.
    You have no excuse for driving to work
    (unless you don't have studded tires)
    (no excuse for that either)

mtbr member
    Calling all commuters: please answer the poll, are you male or female? It is anonymous unless you want to share a comment.

Its some times a bit hard to tell if your a male or female when there is no listed gender under someones avatar. Sometimes its easy, because some names are just girly, or there is a picture, or something like that to give it away.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

weirdo
    Quote Originally Posted by CommuterBoy
    I have seen one other person on a bike during my commute in the last 5 years. It was another guy. Not another soul on a bike during the other 9,994 miles of commuting.
    I see other riders occasionally. They`re generally under three feet tall and ride circles or figure eights in the parking lot of the little apartment complex that I pass by about half way in.
    Recalculating....

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by CommuterBoy
    Dude here. I have seen one other person on a bike during my commute in the last 5 years. It was another guy. Not another soul on a bike during the other 9,994 miles of commuting. I guess that proves the disproportionate amount of guys theory... 100% males around these parts. lonely, lonely males.
    That is lonely! Maybe you can meet up with the Maytag repairman or something. I rarely see a biker now,but that will change in the spring. So do you hit really hit 10,000 mi tonight or was that a number out of the air? Congratulations if it is a milestone ride.

Bedwards Of The West
    ^^ Just an average. 2000 miles/year for 5 years. I saw the other guy on one 6 mile ride, so 9,994 lonely miles...
    You have no excuse for driving to work
    (unless you don't have studded tires)
    (no excuse for that either)

weirdo
    Quote Originally Posted by Dremer03
    Its some times a bit hard to tell if your a male or female when there is no listed gender under someones avatar. Sometimes its easy, because some names are just girly, or there is a picture, or something like that to give it away.
    Now that I think about it, sometimes it`s hard to tell the gender of the riders I see downtown, too. Same BDUs, same tattoos, hair could be either waist length or crew cut or anywhere in between. Unless the rider is at the right angle, I can`t see whether or not there`s a scraggly goatee or an enlarged chest involved and the mystery continues.

Am I old?
    Recalculating....

~Disc~Golf~
    I have an outie, not an innie
    Honestly... ahh I give up

mtbr member
    It's a man, baby.
    To the troll mobile, away...

Members who have read this thread: 0