On-One Pompino, any Opinions?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2008

On-One Pompino, any Opinions?

I'm looking to build up a bulletproof commuter/dirt path bike and I came across this. I really like the canti brakes, the tire clearance and the general look of the thing. It kind of strikes me as a road bike made for mountain bikers.

The only buying options I've found are straight from On-One for $314 (frame+fork) shipped and last years model on sale at Unreal cycles for $343. So it seems like a reasonable alternative to a Surly. Does anyone own this bike or know anything about it?

I was thinking about using the On One 120mm Wheelset too. All in all I think I can get a well equipped bike together for $650.

I'm down to the blue or the green, I kinda like the blue because it reminds me of Gulf liveries.
    Here's a pic of the blue one.
    and here's the green one

Any thoughts?

No-Brakes Cougar
    I've heard good things about On One, their SS 29er MTB fans are pretty loyal. Does seem like a reasonable alternative to Surly.
    R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio ~ July 10, 1942 May 16, 2010

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    That's what i was thinking. If it weren't for the overseas shipping cost (43GBP) they would be an outstanding value. Even so they seem to be the same quality as Surly and still significantly cheaper.

Unless someone has something bad to say about them or I find some irresistible alternative I think I'm going with the Pompino.

Now I just need to figure out the color choice and the handlebars. It would save me a good $60 or so to go with the flat bar i already have but drops might be nice.

mtbr member

Blimey!

You may have to wait for this to settle down too...

My Pard' loves hers, runs it with midge bars & single speed. It is definitely her favorite for commuting.
    Everytime it is about, I even get on it -though far too small for me- and take a wee spin on it. A really nice bike, and I love steel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails On-One Pompino, any Opinions?-volcano-iceland.jpg  

Last edited by grandsalmon; 04-17-2010 at 02:57 PM. Reason: picture punctuation needed

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Oh yeah, you're right, I may have to go with unreal cycles if I loose patience!

Thanks for the feedback

Members who have read this thread: 0