Old Specialized All Terrain Commuter- Mtbr.com
    Monkey Junkie
    Aug 2009

Old Specialized All Terrain Commuter

These days I try to drive my car as little as possible, whether it's commuting or making my way up to the trails. I had been wanting to build an all terrain, geared rig for a while, and recently figured my old specialized fit the bill. Currently, it's basically just a MTB with fenders and decent all around tires. I would like to put drops/bar end shifters on it eventually. Pics were taken today on a 17 mile ride from my house, through the city, and up into the hills where the trails are. I'll be commuting with it rain or shine on a daily basis as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Old Specialized All Terrain Commuter-dscn0741.jpg  

Old Specialized All Terrain Commuter-dscn0743.jpg  

Old Specialized All Terrain Commuter-dscn0744.jpg  

Old Specialized All Terrain Commuter-dscn0745.jpg  

weirdo
    Lookin good
    Aside from the fenders and tires, is it stock? Kinda makes ya wonder why rigid mtbs went out of style, doesn`t it!?!

Monkey Junkie
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rodar y rodar
    Lookin good
    Aside from the fenders and tires, is it stock? Kinda makes ya wonder why rigid mtbs went out of style, doesn`t it!?!
    Thanks, and yes it's pretty much stock otherwise apart from the bars and front shifter/lever. I also rebuilt the rear hub a while back. Not that those changes really amount to anything major. The bike has tons of life left. Old MTB's are so versatile. Much more useful than most of the newer bikes I must say.

Moderator Moderator
    Nice! I especially like the pic of the bike on its side by the curve...one of those mysterious photos that draws you in but you're not really sure why...

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbxplorer
    Nice! I especially like the pic of the bike on its side by the curve...one of those mysterious photos that draws you in but you're not really sure why...
    ...because you'd rather be riding that bank then looking at a picture of it!

Members who have read this thread: 0