Ok!!..here I go...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Ok!!..here I go...

I've been lurking on this site for the last month. I'll be commuting to work starting today. just picked up the bontrager rack and the sun lite traveler 1 panniers. Picked up the frame from e-bay (rocky mountain no decals) and used parts that I had on another project.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Thats a nice looking setup.
    I like it. Any chance of hitting some trails on the commute?
    read KNOBBY MEATS or be sadly ignorant of the mediocrity that is allowed to exist in the interwebs

I'm SUCH a square....
    Sweet ride.

Roll on.

Never quit.

Get an AirZounds horn for the a$$holes.
    A bike is the only drug with no bad side effects....

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    yes there is a stretch of dirt along a canal with a couple of fun underpasses. I'll be reporting on the first commute.

weirdo
    Interresting build- looks cool. Is it a single chainring and STI for the rear? Hard to tell from here.

responsible zombie owner
    Good luck and have fun! I've ridden to work nearly every day for three years and love it - even now that the temperature is 100+ degrees by 8am. I am so much fitter and happier for my daily riding.

"yes there is a stretch of dirt along a canal with a couple of fun underpasses. I'll be reporting on the first commute."

Look forward to it. Remember to ride defensively. You won't win any arguments with motor vehicles.

Brentster
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Qatarbhoy
    Good luck and have fun! I've ridden to work nearly every day for three years and love it - even now that the temperature is 100+ degrees by 8am. I am so much fitter and happier for my daily riding.
    Same here in Houston, but I'd rather sweat a bit then sit in air conditioned traffic. I get so pissed when I have to drive, which is about once every two weeks.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Yes, it is a single chainring up(34t), front with a shimano 6000? 8 speed shifter. I've got an 11-30 cassette & knobies. I'll probable switch to slicks then reconfigure the gears. The first commute was exiting for me, even though it was only 6.5 miles each way. I still have to adjust the panniers/rack, my heels were rubbing the whole way.

Members who have read this thread: 0