Often you want to do it, but...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr Decade+

Often you want to do it, but...

Cyclist beat man who called him out on rolling stop sign: police - Latest Hamilton news - CBC Hamilton

I live in Hamilton and that area of town is a little rough. No need for that though.
    "I love being on a bike. It helps me feel free. I get it from my dad", by Guillaume Blanchet

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I would have thought he could strap the bat to the bike top tube.....

To saving having to go get it.

NDD
    mtbr member
    Yeah, I'd do bat on the top tube. That'd be much quicker. Actually I keep a knife with me at all times.

But really, way over the top, man. Friggin hit a dude with a bat? I probably would've just apologized, like I do to the few people I blind on the mup when I'm commuting after dark.
    dang

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Not that I'm a pacifist, but, to leave the scene and return with a weapon really puts a bad light on cyclists. It also seems way out of proportion to the "offense."

This guy on a bike clearly had beef with the guy not on a bike. The report of it is what scares me most, it was a guy between short and moderately tall with a bushy beard weighing around 200 lbs. . . . This could be half of the cyclists on any campus or at any brew pub.

Apparently, we all look alike.

NDD
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustedthrough View Post
    Not that I'm a pacifist, but, to leave the scene and return with a weapon really puts a bad light on cyclists. It also seems way out of proportion to the "offense."

This guy on a bike clearly had beef with the guy not on a bike. The report of it is what scares me most, it was a guy between short and moderately tall with a bushy beard weighing around 200 lbs. . . . This could be half of the cyclists on any campus or at any brew pub.

Apparently, we all look alike.
    Well I'm a bit taller, fifty pounds lighter, and can't grow a solid beard thus necessitating I'm clean shaven, so I better not commit a crime as a cyclist, because I'll stick out.

Notice how one person in the article comments had already blamed it somehow on cyclists as a whole (they're "cyco"). I don't think this had anything to do with a bike. Dude woulda come back with a car.
    dang

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    NDD, You would indeed get caught. Where do I go to see the "cyco" comments?"

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Sorry NDD, just had another look at the comments section and there it was.

I got the impression he came back on foot, which requires even more effort than in a Lincoln.
    Last edited by Rustedthrough; 01-26-2015 at 09:42 PM. Reason: forgot something

NDD
    mtbr member
    No worries. For future reference for anyone: "Just your average cyco. Laws are for others, not them."

Next time, don't miss it though, cuz I'm cyco like the rest of em, and I'll knock yer teeth out.

So is this malevolent cyclist a thing people really believe.
    dang

mtbr member
    One time in Hamilton I had a pedestrian call me out for a stop-and-go on a red light at an empty intersection. Fair comment maybe...

...except the pedestrian in question was halfway across the intersection, crossing against the light, at the time he felt compelled to speak up.

I wonder if he was the guy in the news story....
    The above statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration

Members who have read this thread: 0