no shower clean up??- Mtbr.com
    Feet back and spread 'em!
    May 2004

no shower clean up??

Hi fellow forward thinking world savers.

I have a hilly 12 mile commute each way. I arrive sweaty whether it's hot or cold out.
    in my new building, there is no shower, so i don't commute so much anymore. when I do it's one of 2 things to cleanup:
    1.baby wipes...leaves me feeling "coated" or kinda sticky.
    2. ziplock bag with washcloth and salt...add hot water, shake, step into stall, strip and wipe down. salt kills odor, but still not totally clean feel.

anybody got a method or product that works better? i have suggested a shower be installed, but it's going nowhere so far.

thanks for the help.
    the time is right for violent revolution

mtbr member
    May 2006
    http://www.crystaldeodorantprotection.com/

Buddy used this after an hour of sweaty hockey worked fine.

Moderator Moderator
    Try your washcloth/baggie, hot water, but try a squirt of Cetaphil cleanser (from a pump bottle) instead of the salt. Gentle, non drying, and rinsing not required. It's in the soap/zits aisle at walmart, drugstores etc.

mtbr member
    It's not a time trial, it's a commute to work. Leave earlier, ride slower and dial in your clothing for the temperature. You shouldn't be that messy after a 12 mile commute.

ride the moment
    Quote Originally Posted by limba
    It's not a time trial, it's a commute to work. Leave earlier, ride slower and dial in your clothing for the temperature. You shouldn't be that messy after a 12 mile commute.
    He lives in South Carolina. You get sweaty drying off after a shower down there. Terrible weather.

OP I go camping at a festival for a week every year. Some people bring a shower, but I just use a small bowl of water and a wash cloth. I put one squirt of liquid soap for sensitive skin in the water, stir it up and wipe down. If you get the right soap it won't feel gooey when you're done. IMO, a small bowl with soapy water to rinse the cloth in gets you a lot more mileage as far as actually getting clean.
    Hey Butthead, are we gonna die? - Beavis

Feet back and spread 'em!
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by limba

it's sometimes my only exercise, so i do like to push it a bit. plus it's hilly, so no work equals no elevation gain.

i already use the crystal deodorant, thanks. but i need a whole body cleanup also.

i'll try the Cetaphil or liquid soap ideas. , thanks
    the time is right for violent revolution

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Have you tried wearing wool based clothing (specifically merino wool like Smartwool)? If you wear man made materials you will get ultra funky, wool is pretty amazing stuff. My experience has been that not only does the wool not stink after a sweaty ride, I don't stink so much either.

Members who have read this thread: 0