Night runner??

Printable View

• 10-07-2016
    JUNGLEKID5
    Night runner??
    Would you or has any one tried these for safety. Not likely to add any light to the road but might help cars see you. Thoughts???

Night Runner 270
  • 10-07-2016
    milliesand
    Meh. Rather than wrap them around your legs where it's rotating weight, how 'bout around your down tube? And reflectors on your pedals?

Hey, I'm cheap. I know a pair of batteries that my Garmin says are "dead" still has 2.2 volts (I'm OCD and measured it). That just happens to be the forward voltage a LED bulb uses.
  • 10-07-2016
    Sidewalk
    I added retroreflective tape in silver to my front wheel, red to the rear. Also silver on the front fork and red on the down tubes. I also added some red to my helmet.

That's on top of the Cycliq Fly12 and Fly6 bike lights.
  • 10-08-2016
    TenSpeed
    I would never waste the money or time on those to ride with. Get proper lights, front and rear, and add reflective bits where needed. I try to ensure that my cycling clothing has plenty of reflectiveness if possible.
  • 10-10-2016
    formula4speed
    I guess if you had them on your feet the rotating movement of them would make it pretty clear you are a bike.

I've got basically a slap bracelet thing that lights up I can put on my leg, got it as a gift but I think I've seen them in Home Depot for cheap if you wanted to try something like that.
  • 10-11-2016
    leeboh
    Wheel lights would work better.