• 08-30-2013
    EDizzleVR6
    Never Wet for commuting shoes/frame?
    With winter coming up, I thought I would post this question.

Has anyone tried putting NeverWet from Rustoleum on their cycling shoes?

How about on the road frame itself? It may make cleaning easier ya?

What do u think....

NeverWet is mind-blowing. [VIDEO]

Amazon.com: NEW Neverwet Never Wet 2 Part Spray Rust-Oleum 18oz: Home Improvement
  • 08-30-2013
    woodway
    When I first saw the video, it seemed like the product was too good to be true. After reading reviews on several sites, it appears that it is. But I have never tried it personally (and after reading the reviews I'll keep my money in my pocket).
  • 08-30-2013
    EDizzleVR6
    ya, I've heard breathability can be an issue. Can anyone comment on the using it on cycling shoes?

The frame probably wouldn't be an issue in that regard
  • 08-30-2013
    woodway
    ^^ That and the fact that many, many reviews comment that the stuff only is effective for a few days.
  • 08-30-2013
    newfangled
    Yeah, I've seen several really, really terrible reviews for it.

I wax my frames with carwax once or twice a year, and fill them with boeshield (can't find framesaver locally).

My bike shoes usually get sprayed with one of those standard scotchguardy water repellents when I first get them, although the shoes are currently disgusting.
  • 08-30-2013
    mtbxplorer
    I have not used it, but my standbys are:

Armor-All Cleaning Wipes for the bike.

Nikwax or similar boot waterprooofer for shoes, a couple times a year, even if they are fake leather. A brisk brush and good old saddlesoap first if they are dirty. The cleaning wipes are also good for cleaning off shoes prior to the Nikwax.