Never had a rack before.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2012

Never had a rack before.

So, are the panniers supposed to be able to slide back and forth on the rail?

Moderator Moderator
    Mine lock on pretty snug and don't slide around, but there are a lot of different "attachers" and racks, some more compatible or stable than others. Perhaps something like a ziptie or bungie to limit movement might be of use? Depending what you carry in them in could be pretty expensive if they fly off the rack mid-ride.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    No, you should be able to adjust the position of the latches until everything holds tight.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    How do I do that?

weirdo
    Cany you post a picture of the mounts? They`re all different. Some aren`t adjustable (mine aren`t). If they don`t cause any problems, I wouldn`t worry about it, but if there`s a danger of losing one or if the position that they try to drift to sucks, one of MtbX`s ideas might work for you. Or a couple wraps of friction tape so that the clamps grab tighter- most clamps are for 3/8 or 10mm tubing these days, while a lot of racks use 5/16 or 8mm.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    It depends on the pannier. Some require a screwdriver, some have thumb screws, some have flip latches. Many require a lower clip to help keep the upper clips in place.

Members who have read this thread: 0