My Commute

Printable View

• 06-13-2015
    Joe_Re
    My Commute
    Is .7 miles each way.
  • 06-13-2015
    TenSpeed
    I walk farther than that to get to the bathroom. Why so short?
  • 06-13-2015
    santa cruzer73
    Dont hurt yourself!!!!
  • 06-14-2015
    rodar y rodar
    TenSpeed, you need to move closer to a bathroom!
  • 06-14-2015
    JUNGLEKID5
    Holy short
  • 06-14-2015
    BrianMc
    I assume you don't have to lock it up at work. Otherwise it might take less time to walk to work. Still, you can get out for a noon ride.
  • 06-14-2015
    cyclingdutchman
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe_Re View Post
    Is .7 miles each way.

Congrats!
  • 06-15-2015
    p08757
    I would take the long way to work if I were you.....
  • 06-15-2015
    bedwards1000
    ^^Funny 8757. I agree. My commute is >10 miles and I still take the long way a lot of times.
  • 06-22-2015
    NDD
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe_Re View Post
    Is .7 miles each way.

Gaw man, I haven't been keeping up with the forums lately so I missed this. I was hoping to be in contention for shortest commute with 1.3 miles, but you're at half my commute. Oh well.
  • 06-24-2015
    Carton
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NDD View Post
    Gaw man, I haven't been keeping up with the forums lately so I missed this. I was hoping to be in contention for shortest commute with 1.3 miles, but you're at half my commute. Oh well.

Going on the halving trend, my commute is currently slightly under .4 miles. So at the moment I only bikecommute every couple of weeks when I have to run errands after work (you know, buying inner tubes for my MTB and the like). When I do I'll sometimes do a longer loop just for kicks.
  • 06-24-2015
    NDD
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Carton View Post
    Going on the halving trend, my commute is currently slightly under .4 miles. So at the moment I only bikecommute every couple of weeks when I have to run errands after work (you know, buying inner tubes for my MTB and the like). When I do I'll sometimes do a longer loop just for kicks.

Doing longer loops just because is almost a necessity. Just to entertain yourself when commutes are so short.
  • 07-02-2015
    Joe_Re
    To chime back in. For those of you who know Worcester, MA. I worked for REI for 11 years, most recently the one in Framingham (25mi each way). As a newish dad and homeowner, I wound up talking to the Manager of the new Landry's Bicycles here in Worcester and he was looking for a mechanic. He made me an offer that was good enough that I left REI to be closer to home, among other reasons.