midd summer slump

Printable View

• 07-27-2014
    JUNGLEKID5
    midd summer slump
    Does any one get the mid summer slump were you just don't have a lot of drive to ride? maybe I need to take some time for fun rides.
  • 07-27-2014
    Harold
    I am certainly in one of those. The shop has been insane this month and the mtb club has been busy with meetings. Then on the days I DO have time to ride, there have been a lot of popup thunderstorms.

Then as for commuting (which I typically do on Sundays), I've been tired from the outset, and waking up later. Those same thunderstorms put a damper on evening commutes (like tonight's) where an hour and a half of riding would probably end up with me riding through those thunderstorms.

But yeah, mostly I'm just tired.
  • 07-27-2014
    JUNGLEKID5
    +1 on that
  • 07-27-2014
    cassa89
    Here in North Dakota, we have about 6 months of winter and 2 months each of spring, fall, and summer so I ride as often as I can, when I can. :D
  • 07-27-2014
    TenSpeed
    Same in Michigan. I get into a slump, but then I watch an inspirational video on YouTube about road riding, or commuting, and then I pump myself up to get on the bike and ride it. There are a few POV alley cat races that I watch, and for some reason, even though they are nuts and dangerous, that pumps me up. By the time I go to work, I am excited to be back on the bike.
  • 07-28-2014
    Straz85
    "don't have a lot of drive to ride?"

Pun intended?

I've been at my strongest the past few weeks.
  • 07-28-2014
    Shayne
    Right now my legs are saying no but my mind is saying yes. I've ridden every day of July except the 24th to the tune of ~1000 miles.
    I'm making up for lost time I guess. I couldn't ride to work in July or August last summer due to a variety construction projects.
  • 07-28-2014
    JUNGLEKID5
    My mind and body say mhee
  • 07-29-2014
    newfangled
    Not to be a champion of consumerism, but I find that having a couple of bikes to choose from helps. I don't think I could ride my hardtail everyday - there's nothing wrong with it, except that it's kindof vanilla. But every ride on my dropbar-ss-rigid-29er is a bit of an adventure, since I'm constantly tweaking it in some way or another. And the fixie gets plenty of tweaking too. Between those 3 there's plenty to keep me interested.