Look what my company just installed for us bike commuters!- Mtbr.com

Nov 2004

Look what my company just installed for us bike commuters!

bike lockers for up to 8 bikes. nice, huh? plus we have a fitness center with showers.

Raidero desde Torino
    Apr 2007
    WOW! That is a setup!

Master of the Face Plant
    Feb 2004
    Nice, When my company, Timewarner moved us to a new building we had several bike lockers that were left there by the previous owner Hughes aircraft. I got to use them once before the company removed them because they were a liability. I still commute but I have to put my bike in my office.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    We have lockers and showers as well, in fact during the summer they loan all the interns bikes since many of them don't have cars. I only wish a couple of the interns who sit near me would actually use the showers on days like today where it's 100 outside

Despite the lockers I frequently just bring my bike in and sit it outside my cube, it's faster then trying to lock up the bike in the locker. Now if the lockers opened with badge scans then I would use them every day

Training for vacation
    Holy flocking schnit that's nice! It will be interesting to see how much more bike friendly companies get with time. Gas prices and heath insurance benefits will drive more and more larger business to offer more amenities for us!

mtbr member
    SWEET!

I also work at an awesome place where we have a locker room/showers, and they let us put our bikes under a big stairwell

Last edited by RSW42; 05-19-2008 at 06:52 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    that is nice setup. All bike lockers should be designed this way. I envy your company for setting up showers for employees.

Jun 2006
    That really is a sweet setup. I read an artical a little while ago stating that Shimano had done quite a bit of reasearch regarding money spent on bicycling and the ultimate effect on the health care system. The numbers they projected was for every dollar spent in the cycling world three were saved in health care. Can't say with any certainty that its true but food for thought!

May 2008
    now thats nice! i dont want to risk riding my baby to work cuz i cant guarentee the safety of the bike but im all good cuz i got a rigid i can ride to work no dramas

mtbr member
    Hey can you tell me what brand/model those are, and approx cost? I want to pitch bike lockers to our facilities head and that is just what I want
    :wq

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    We do not have anything quite like that but we do have showers, lockers, and covered parking in a camera patrolled gated lot.

mtbr member
    nice!

c

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Nachomc,
    Found this and thought it may give you a starting point
    http://www.cyclesafe.com/CycleLockers.tab.aspx

PM Me for Wood Fenders
    sweeeeeeeeeeeeet, I want to work for a place like that!
    The wood is being bent! Let me know what you need!

Dec 2007
    That is very neat, I couldn't even get my company to put down 2 cents for a bike rack, when they have a handful of commuters everyday. Though, from the picture I don't understand how they work, they don't look big enough for a bike to fit. I never seen one of those before.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    They are about four feet high, five or six feet long and more then wide enough for a bike, basically you just push your bike in and lean it against one of the wall. The ones at my company are divided down the middle diagonally so each locker can be used on both sides.

Nov 2004
    exactly

mtbr member
    That's pretty rad. It would be great if all businesses encouraged cycling. If everybody rode bikes, our food would not be nearly as expensive and gas would be cheaper. People riding bikes to work don't ***** about gas prices. I am kinda sick of hearing about rising gas prices. Americans have been over consuming for years, duh it's going to happen.

I never ride my mountain bike to work. Not because I am lazy but because I live extremely close to my job and it's easier to walk. However most of the other employees ride bikes to work. We don't have showers and lockers, but our bikesare left safely in the back. Since I work for a small business, we don't have to worry about bike thievery in the work place.

Nov 2004
    i have to disagree with you slightly. demand is down a bit, inventories are up, supply constraints are nearly gone, refinery capacity is doing fine, and prices are still going way up.

this is due in part because of the fact that institutions have started to invest heavily in commodities as a hedge against inflation and the falling $. food prices will continue to rise until oil no longer provides a good return on investment. and for this to happen, the oil bubble will have to pop. i don't know if we can get enough critical mass in this country to drive demand low enough for that to happen.

Members who have read this thread: 0