Longest wearing 29er knobbies.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2006

Longest wearing 29er knobbies.

I am looking for a good really long lasting MTB tire for commuting. I ride to and from work and usually put in about 15-20 of singletrack on my way home. Recently I have been destroying as many older/used tires that I can.

Do you guys have any recomendations for a good 29er tire bigger than 1.5" hopefully closer to 2.0+". Prefer a full knob because there is some climbing over loose stuff.

I just ordered a CST Caballero as a rear tire because it is CHEAP. Hopefully it lasts.

never ender
    Maxxis Crossmark.

mtbr member
    Small Block 8? do they make that in a 29er, i know its supposidly a low rolling resistance tire that people have good luck using...

Anyway, that would be sick to get in 15 miles of singletrack on the way home!...my little 2 mile street commute just isnt fun

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Oh the 15 mile is a detour. I have to go out of my way to get there. But its a good training ride.

Rolling resistance is not important. I just need a tire that isn't to expensive and last for more than 1000miles.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    The WTB Nanoraptors are fast on pavement and wear longer than any other mtn. tire I know of. I think they come in a 29x2.1". Check the MTBR reviews.

Members who have read this thread: 0