Line of Sight- Mtbr.com

Thread: Line of Sight

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Line of Sight

Came across this upcoming DVD release. Apologies if it's in the wrong thread (I thought it relates to commuting etc) and if its been seen before.

Here's a link to the trailer

Line Of Sight is a rare view into underground bicycle messenger racing which has become a global phenomenon. For over a decade Lucas Brunelle has been riding with the fastest, most skilled urban cyclists around the world while capturing all the action with his customized helmet cameras to bring you along for the ride.

DVD available at: lucasbrunelle.com

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    Is that the one about careless hipsters riding as if they’re on suicide missions?
    Don’t frail and blow if you’re going to Braille and Flow.

mtbr member
    I have no respect for people that ride their bikes like this. It's one thing to do it on the side of a mountain where you can hurt yourself. but in an urban setting these people can kill or seriously hurt someone else.

And what was with all the guns/chase scenes?

Short-Change-Hero
    Produced by ChonchWhore, Bag O'******, and ****** Canoe...

yeah just what we need, another video of idiots making us look even worse. At least with guys like Johnny Knoxville everyone realizes they are slightly retarded and do not really associate them with other "actors". We get the good ole' Guilty By Association!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Fair point, but whether or not its captured on video there are still riders doing that kind of behaviour day in, day out without it being videoed that exposes us all to those stereotypes of cyclists.

Short-Change-Hero
    Quote Originally Posted by faz077 View Post
    Fair point, but whether or not its captured on video there are still riders doing that kind of behaviour day in, day out without it being videoed that exposes us all to those stereotypes of cyclists.
    But normally that is only surmised by the amount of people (pissed off) immediately involved in the incident. The makers of the movie are using a MUCH larger medium for the dissemination of this film, thus "glorifying" the stupidity of these riders. Unfortunately, we get lumped into the "group" by Guilty By Association standards. There are people that do illegal drag racing on the street but you RARELY see someone try to put together a fully published video such as this that glorifies the "race."

The main problem because that our society, and many in this particular generation, have become so in-tuned with their own self-ritcheousness that they feel anything against them is "lawsuit" worthy. The first time one of these guys blows and intersection or gets hurt weaving through traffic it then becomes the "other" persons fault because of X, Y, Z.

For contrast, this is very much like that Berkley, CA lawsuit going on where the rider (a roadie) was trying to reattain his KOM record on Strava. Instead, the rider ended up getting in a wreck and dying. Now a year later the family is suing STRAVA for his death because of the "presence" of the KOMs. What this will do (frivolous as it is) will only add insult to injury for the family of the deceased as STRAVA is caveat emptor (use at your own risk) and thus they have nothing to do with what the user does. Conversely, there is an "option" to tag a section of any ride as "dangerous" and with enough tags the section will be removed, but what the criteria for removal is I do not know. Probably what will happen is the family will win, STRAVA will pay them millions and then every retard out there will start suing MapMyFitness, Wahoo Fitness, STRAVA, for "posting" their times and forcing them to continue to strive to be the KOM (or whatever).

Note: I am a STRAVA user and the KOMs definitely give me something to shoot for but at no time would I risk my own life simply to see my E-Peen grow a little more.

Members who have read this thread: 0