Let's take a moment...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Let's take a moment...

Saw this Facebook today.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Let's take a moment...-imageuploadedbytapatalk1329299029.785480.jpg  

weirdo
    Haha! Stationary cars to stationary bikes is pretty good.

Wierdo
    Dec 2005
    Nice find RPK. One of the MUPs I ride parallels a freeway where the cars often backup. I wonder if the sight of me riding blissfully past has even motivated any of them to get out of their cars?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    The thing that got me started commuting was having to sit in a packed, stuffy commuter train while watching all the cycle commuters whizz past on a lovely summer's evening.

Fat-tired Roadie
    That's funny!

I actually rode to the gym earlier this evening to ride a stationary bike. That didn't work out and it was a nice night, so I took the looong way home. Good workout.
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Wow, my sister called me today on her commute home/to the gym to complain about just that. Ha!

mtbr member
    awesome.

I agree with the comments above...not only passing people sitting in cars but telling people at work that it takes me less time to get to work than it takes them while I am coming from further away.
    experience life

Trek RSS, GT Force FS, Diamondback Podium (Commuter)

www.atheistphilbiz.blogspot.com

Beer is my spirit animal
    I smile every time I ride past traffic, especially when it's weather related. The downside is that any time I drive to work, I curse myself the whole way for not being on a bicycle. It's also the only time I tend to see other cyclists, like they're taunting me for being in a car.
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions.
    ― Robert Anton Wilson

Fat-tired Roadie
    I used to be so mad at myself when I drove home on days I felt lazy in the morning. When I was working at that job, morning commutes were a little quicker by car - I had an early start, and not much traffic. But the evening commute was a disaster! By contrast, on a bike, it was about the same as the morning commute, although with a little more climbing.
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

Bedwards Of The West
    If I'm not in 4 wheel drive, I'm mad at myself for not riding. The problem is that on really nasty mornings when I wind up driving (4x4 days), it usually clears enough to be rideable on the way home...so I wind up being mad at myself for driving even on days when I can sort of justify driving.

But this 'traffic' thing... I don't understand what that would be like anymore. 8 years in LA county was plenty, thanks. I'll take the 6 or 7 cars I see on a typical commute.
    You have no excuse for driving to work
    (unless you don't have studded tires)
    (no excuse for that either)

Beer is my spirit animal
    Quote Originally Posted by CommuterBoy View Post
    If I'm not in 4 wheel drive, I'm mad at myself for not riding. The problem is that on really nasty mornings when I wind up driving (4x4 days), it usually clears enough to be rideable on the way home...so I wind up being mad at myself for driving even on days when I can sort of justify driving.

But this 'traffic' thing... I don't understand what that would be like anymore. 8 years in LA county was plenty, thanks. I'll take the 6 or 7 cars I see on a typical commute.
    You keep track of your mileage on a weekly/monthly/annual basis? 'Cause whether you do or not, you are totally my commuting hero, especially with that signature. Reading your exploits in the long, cold winter support thread inspired me to get off my lazy ass and invest in some decent cold weather gear. Now I really enjoy heading out and riding the snowy streets I know my little Acura would be sliding all over.
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions.
    ― Robert Anton Wilson

Members who have read this thread: 0