Let's Move to Sweden...- Mtbr.com
    Moderator Moderator

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    you move

Yeah!
    I moved, but only enough to let some gas out. Have you seen the free bikes in Sweden? I'll pass.

since 4/10/2009
    I would move to sweden, but not for this reason. Of particular interest is allemansrätten.

Human Test Subject
    There's an even better reason to move there. Amon Amarth.

since 4/10/2009
    This?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5Z3spJ_z3Es" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

no thanks. that might keep me away, actually.

~ B A D A S S ~
    Lived there for 25 years and now living in norway, where the money is

In sweden everything works extremely well, better than any of you would probably ever imagine. And even here in norway I feel I live in a rich developing country. The richest developing country that is I feel norway is like living in the stone age sometimes. Even their language is underevolved (even though its almost the same as swedish).

In sweden many people ride to work. In norway only the most hardcore do, 10:1 ratio there. They also have the biggest percentage of electric cars here, could it possibly have something to do with gas being the most expensive on planet earth?? I don't know.

But if anyone actually considers moving here. I would recommend one of the 5-6 biggest cities in sweden or oslo (or near). and spending at least 1 year in each country. So you get the feel for it. Its the same **** but very very different in some ways. Like beer costing 3x in norway. and cars too. all cars except enviromentally friendly ones, like teslas, I see like 10 "teslas" every day. and a bunch of nissan "leafs" (maybe 20), and a few "buddys" and "thinks". You can get rich in norway, globally speaking. But society and life will never ever be as smooth as sweden though. since they are like a 100 years behind.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post
    Specialized sucks ass.

~ B A D A S S ~
    Yeah i forgot something. I norway the cops don't have guns. Also you almost never even see cops. My first week in oslo I saw 1 cop car for an entire week (and I took pictures of it since it seemed so exotic), and then we were out partying for 5 of those 7 days (you can do that here in quality places).

I haven't seen a cop car for about a month now. And in sweden I saw at least one a day, or several, maybe up to 5 or so on a regular day.

Hell even the police HQ in downtown oslo didn't even have any copcars outside it last time I was there (its right beside one the biggest club streets). No joke. Safe to say people here don't give a f what you do. For the most part. Different mentality.

I get the feeling of being FREE here. No matter what no one is going to intervene regardless of what anyone does. sure that requires responsibility, but most people here are much more responsible than sweden imho. No safety net here kinda (but its still just as much there, but now invisible and with a delay).

Yeah that about sums it up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post
    Specialized sucks ass.