For a laugh today...- Mtbr.com
    Moderator Moderator

... and if we just ... For a laugh today...

I posted this in new products forum but the commuters won't want to miss this video!

http://www.singletracks.com/blog/mtb...trail-running/
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    They should bolt a Unicycle on top of the conveyer belt!
    ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → В А

Bedwards Of The West
    That's, like, the worst of both worlds.
    You have no excuse for driving to work
    (unless you don't have studded tires)
    (no excuse for that either)

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    bolt some rock-climbing chunks on the conveyor belt!
    make it like trail running!
    If steel is real then aluminium is supercallafragiliniun!

weirdo
    Can you get it with a triple? As I`ve already made very clear on this board, I don`t leave home without my granny gear!

No-Brakes Cougar
    LOL! I've seen this before. There's also another one that's like an elliptical machine instead of a treadmill.
    R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio ~ July 10, 1942 May 16, 2010

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Fatter tires, a slacker head tube angle, and some suspension = fun at your local bikepark.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    "protects your feet from dirt and other contaminates that are commonly found on the earths surface" thats great. I hate it when the soles of my shoes get dirty when walking... lol

The Brutally Handsome
    Aren't those the same goofballs that made this ridiculous commuting video?

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/koh7QoMGKJo"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/koh7QoMGKJo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

~Disc~Golf~
    short version is better
    Honestly... ahh I give up

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Sizzler
    Aren't those the same goofballs that made this ridiculous commuting video?

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/koh7QoMGKJo"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/koh7QoMGKJo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>
    I'd like to see her have a go at pedalling her yellow "car" into a good headwind.

weirdo
    Quote Originally Posted by bikedreamer
    I'd like to see her have a go at pedalling her yellow "car" into a good headwind.
    Most velomobiles are MUCH more aero than that, and even so, I have to wonder how the heck people manage to pedal a two hundred pound bike for any distance. If I had the dough for a nice pedal car, you can bet there`d be an electric assist in that puppy.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    That's good for people who don't want to go for pedicures every month...

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by rodar y rodar
    Most velomobiles are MUCH more aero than that, and even so, I have to wonder how the heck people manage to pedal a two hundred pound bike for any distance. If I had the dough for a nice pedal car, you can bet there`d be an electric assist in that puppy.
    Yes, but their couchbike looks much more comfortable.

Rodar, have you seen their free bikecad applets? They are bikeforest.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails For a laugh today...-drive_thru_couch1.jpg  

For a laugh today...-bikecadintro.gif  

mtbr member
    Cold one here compared to the 83 high two days ago, BUT no snow. Thank, the Lord! Hallelujah!

For those not so lucky with that four-letter word, and thinking of dusting off the winter commuter with its studded tires, I thought maybe considereing going 'snow trike' might at least bring a smile.

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uZmLVypqO0A&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uZmLVypqO0A&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Bombadier and Snow-Cat aren't in danger, but still a neat piece.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Here in Germany, you can take a ride on the Bier Bike (Beer Bike). It is basically a bar on wheels. A group of my co-workers and I are seriously considering taking it for a spin. Here is more info (in english): http://www.bierbike-stuttgart.de/fil..._stuttgart.pdf
    Last edited by Solomon76; 05-08-2010 at 06:25 AM.
    ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → В А

weirdo
    Whoops, your post almost snuck past me, MtbX.

Applets? I know about Bikecad on Bikeforrest, if that`s an applet. I did try it out on other folks` suggestions, but it turned out to be beyond my technical range . I went back to what I already understand- paper, a yardstick, compass, and protractor. It`s much easier for me that way and I end up with the full scale drawing to check against.

weirdo
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianMc

For those not so lucky with that four-letter word, and thinking of dusting off the winter commuter with its studded tires, I thought maybe considereing going 'snow trike' might at least bring a smile.
    Ummm... where`s the snow?

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Cold one here compared to the 83 high two days ago, BUT no snow. Thank, the Lord! Hallelujah!

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uZmLVypqO0A&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uZmLVypqO0A&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Bombadier and Snow-Cat aren't in danger, but still a neat piece.
    Given the weight distribution on that thing, I'd reckon that it wouldn't be going anywhere in the snow. Good idea in principal, but back to the drawing board, I think.

mtbr member
    Ummm... where`s the snow?
    Across the Northern teir of States. The Weather Channel showed 12-15" drifts in Bozeman. I figured it was headed mtbxplorer's way to match the April storm. Record May blizzard. We are about 30 * F lower that two days ago with winds gusting 30 mph (50 kph). I dug out my winter coat.

~Disc~Golf~
    <embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://media.travelistic.com/flash/diversionplayer.swf" id="diversionplayer" name="diversionplayer" bgcolor="#000000" quality="high" useexpressinstall="true" flashvars="vidID=6486&amp;remote=true" height="363" width="440" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always">
    Honestly... ahh I give up

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bikedreamer
    Given the weight distribution on that thing, I'd reckon that it wouldn't be going anywhere in the snow. Good idea in principal, but back to the drawing board, I think.

It's a prototype built in Australia. They need some Canucks on their design team.
    Won't steer worth anything unless on hardpack or ice with studded tires. As a proof of concept, it is a success. Hope they are more successful with this:

Reminds me of a cruise missile and other things.

Moderator Moderator
    ^^ I was blissfully ignorant of the snow possibility until reading your post...now I see up to 5" tonight/tomorrow over 1500'. I am at 1600'.

On the plus side, the grass won't be growing..waiting on a stator now for my JD 316 before I can mow. Have only mowed 1/2 the yard so far this year - more shovelling but about 2 mos less mowing @ 1600' than 3mi away downtown/downhill.

Drinking the Slick_Juice
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll
    <embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://media.travelistic.com/flash/diversionplayer.swf" id="diversionplayer" name="diversionplayer" bgcolor="#000000" quality="high" useexpressinstall="true" flashvars="vidID=6486&amp;remote=true" height="363" width="440" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always">
    someone needs to mass produce that , think off all the drunk people/ old people stopped in the middle of the road
    "If women don't find handsome , they should at least find you handy."-Red Green

weirdo
    BMC, sayiing the Glyde is a prototype is technically correct, but it`s right on the verge of shipping- production is already under way and you can order one now from any Greenspeed dealer. If you don`t want to chance it by signing the check for a sight unseen vehicle, there are others very similar that are already well established in the market.
    As far as I know, Blue Velo is the biggest dealer of velomobiles in North America.
    https://www.bluevelo.com/Order_from_Europe.html

Check out their "house model": the Quest

mtbr member
    BMC, sayiing the Glyde is a prototype is technically correct, but it`s right on the verge of shipping- production is already under way and you can order one now from any Greenspeed dealer.
    The word prototype applied to the snowbikemobile of the quote up a few posts. The Glyde showed that Greenspeed is a serious company and can take new designs to market and one has already been written up for a camping tour of England. Sort of the ridiculous and the sublime.

weirdo
    The word prototype applied to the snowbikemobile of the quote up a few posts.
    Sorry, Brian. I`ll say a decade of Hail Sheldons as a pennance

mtbr member
    Sorry, Brian. I`ll say a decade of Hail Sheldons as a pennance
    I'm sure his name has been taken in vain, before!

But no need. We are not a scrappy lot, barring one or maybe two.

Thanks for the link to Blue Velo: a lot of Canadian content, eh?

Looks a viable choice compared to a Nissan Leaf if you alraeady own an ICE for longer hauls. Solar charging should take less of a setup, too. Hmmmm.

I don't think she'd like the picnic table though.

Members who have read this thread: 0