"Laser Lanes" Bicycle Taillight?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    GoatRidesBikes.com
    Goat Rides Bikes @ YouTube
    "I may be old and fat, but at least I'm slow." - Me

mtbr member
    I just posted about those last week.

I think they're cool, and might get one off ebay.

I think the actual visibility is a bit questionable, though. They won't be visible to drivers who are really far away from you, and they won't be visible to drivers who are really close to you. There's a sweet spot where drivers should be able to see them, but I'm not sure that it actually makes you safer? It might just make the drivers extra stupid and cause them to drive into you?

I really have no idea, but might get one to try out. And to look cool.

(wow, who knew that gizmodo's commentors are the same mouthbreathers that comment on my local paper?)

mtbr member
    See now what I was thinking was the way it projects the "lanes" it's almost like the landing lights on the back of an aircraft carrier...not sure how I feel about riding my bike at night with "drive here" lanes pointing right up my backside.
    GoatRidesBikes.com
    Goat Rides Bikes @ YouTube
    "I may be old and fat, but at least I'm slow." - Me

mtbr member
    This is the video that I posted last week which shows them in action:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/baIENfHxCc8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The lines make a pretty narrow "lane" - it's not much wider than a set of handlebars. If a driver hugs the line then they're driving way, way too close.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    i bought these lights from a hongkong market, their not as bright as you think, but iits a nice gadget to have. the tail liight is not that bad for 10 bucks worth.

since 4/10/2009
    meh. I don't see those little lines as being all that visible. especially under streetlights.

I get a really good response from motorists with my Magicshine light kit (MJ808 front and rear) and the big hunks of reflective tape I've got on my fenders and on my helmet in combination with a blinkie in my spokes and reflective rims and tires with reflective sidewalls. also reflective detailing on my Osprey Talon pack.

Members who have read this thread: 0