• 04-14-2014
    digitalayon
    larger frame just feels better
    Well when it comes to commuting, I know when a bike feels small. I mean it literally feels like I am riding a BMX bike. Now being a clyde, I have found the larger the frame, the more comfortable it is. Of course this could just be my body having shorter legs and and longer upper body. I will admit it is a little tall getting on but I am happy with that. My GF Utopia is a 19 inch and is perfect on some levels...however I sorta wish it was a 21 and came up a little higher. I mean it just seems nicer in terms of feel when I am on the streets. I am comparing it to my European commuter bike. It is a 21 and feels a little bit better but needed to have a 135mm stem to really feel good on it. Where I was wrong was that I thought the mountain bike would be different. But the large frame feels good on the trails as well. It is because of this I do not ever think I will own a road bike.
  • 04-15-2014
    bedwards1000
    I ride the largest frame made by most of the big bike manufacturers. XL or 60m usually. I'm 6'0" with a 34" inseam and I' usually on a bike that is listed for larger people. Even so, I usually have the bars and the seat cranked up too. The larger frame just feels better.
  • 04-15-2014
    Biggie
    I have a similar build to the OP, short legs and long torso. I always prefer bigger sizes as well. Bike shops would push me towards mediums, but I came to learn that I like an ETT between 600 and 620mm. ETT is key (for us long torso'ed folk anyway).)
  • 04-15-2014
    anomad
    Most bike shop retards steer people towards frames that are too small. One of the many reasons I hate bike shops.

Just my little tidbit of sunshine and happiness today.
  • 04-16-2014
    digitalayon
    Quote:

Originally Posted by anomad View Post
    most bike shop retards steer people towards frames that are too small. One of the many reasons i hate bike shops.

Just my little tidbit of sunshine and happiness today.

that is an awesome comment!!!!