INTERBIKE 2016 VIDEO: New 100% reflective shoes from Giro- Mtbr.com
    Dream it, Do it.

INTERBIKE 2016 VIDEO: New 100% reflective shoes from Giro

Being from Seattle where we have dark or overcast conditions about 10 months out of the year, Giro's new 100% reflective shoes really struck a cord with me.

These are picture of the shoes without and with reflected light (from a smartphone flashlight):

INTERBIKE 2016 VIDEO: New 100% reflective shoes from Giro-img_0434.jpgINTERBIKE 2016 VIDEO: New 100% reflective shoes from Giro-img_0435.jpg

More details in a video with Simon Fisher from Giro are at:

INTERBIKE 2016: Giro's new 100% Reflective shoes for road & commute riding
    Dirt Merchant Bikes
    www.dirtmerchantbikes.com
    Seattle area dealer for Turner Bikes & Cleary Bikes

guy
    I've been riding the reflective Giro Republics (the middle shoe) for about a year now and they have been awesome. Very comfortable and efficient, look good off the bike and easy to walk in. I've had friends drive behind me at night and they commented on how visible the reflective nature is. My only issue was the walking pads were a hair to big, such that they interfered with my Shimano M530 pedals and did not allow me to clip in. Switched to M520s and haven't had a problem. I could also have used a shim under the cleat.

I'd rather be on my bike
    I have the plain Republics and it is a very comfortable shoe. Mine click when I walk so I limit the off the bike time in these due to sounding like a horse. Would definitely get them as a fully reflective shoe for sure!
    The pedals turn, not just the left one, but the right one too.

Dream it, Do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kleebs View Post
    I've been riding the reflective Giro Republics (the middle shoe) for about a year now and they have been awesome. Very comfortable and efficient, look good off the bike and easy to walk in. I've had friends drive behind me at night and they commented on how visible the reflective nature is. My only issue was the walking pads were a hair to big, such that they interfered with my Shimano M530 pedals and did not allow me to clip in. Switched to M520s and haven't had a problem. I could also have used a shim under the cleat.
    Thanks, good to know. I'm thinking about getting the Republics as a commute shoe.
    Dirt Merchant Bikes
    www.dirtmerchantbikes.com
    Seattle area dealer for Turner Bikes & Cleary Bikes

I'd rather be on my bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    Thanks, good to know. I'm thinking about getting the Republics as a commute shoe.
    I don't think that you will be disappointed in them. The fit runs pretty true to size. I also run M520 pedals and have had no issue with clearance.
    The pedals turn, not just the left one, but the right one too.