I'm having withdraws.....- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

I'm having withdraws.....

I started commuting a couple years ago. I couldn't commute as much as I would like but I was getting a couple in a week. Over the winter my wife had our baby and now my commuting has came to a stop. Those few days that I was able to commute in the last couple years are now taken over by taking our boy to grandma. There's no way I can put him in a cart and pull him along these roads with the idiot drivers we have around here. Of course I couldn't put him on the roads regardless of where we lived. All of my riding has been limited due to him but I do believe it's well worth it. On a positive note before too long we might be taking him to a daycare where his older brother goes and then I might be able to start commuting again.
    No real point to this post other than the fact that I'm bored at work and am getting tire of talking to myself.
    uʍop əpıs ɹəqqnɹ əɥʇ dəəʞ ɹəqɯəɯəɹ pəɥsɐɹɔ əʌɐɥ ʇɥƃıɯ noʎ sıɥʇ pɐəɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

CB of the East
    Sorry, I get withdrawals after a few days. Hang in there.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wvmtb View Post
    I started commuting a couple years ago. I couldn't commute as much as I would like but I was getting a couple in a week. Over the winter my wife had our baby and now my commuting has came to a stop. Those few days that I was able to commute in the last couple years are now taken over by taking our boy to grandma. There's no way I can put him in a cart and pull him along these roads with the idiot drivers we have around here. Of course I couldn't put him on the roads regardless of where we lived. All of my riding has been limited due to him but I do believe it's well worth it. On a positive note before too long we might be taking him to a daycare where his older brother goes and then I might be able to start commuting again.
    No real point to this post other than the fact that I'm bored at work and am getting tire of talking to myself.
    Most of us go through that life stage where younger children affect how we have to divide our time, finances and everything else about our lives. My kids are 10, 13 and 15 and all play different sports and take up time sometimes I wish could be spent doing other things. Like you though, when it comes down to it I wouldn't swap it for anything and the great thing is now at this age they are really starting to participate in things I'm interested in. It just keeps getting better as they get older.

mtbr member
    Years ago when I started to realize I was getting addicted to cycling I told myself I wouldn't let it take over my life. Well, It has made a big change like anything would that a person enjoys. But although it's hard at times I can shove it it aside to spend time with the family. The way I look at it is that the bikes will always be there but the kids will only be young once.
    Of course there was no school for the oldest today so he was going to grandma's with his little brother. So there's my chance to commute today.......aw forget it.....don't have my clothes at work, raining cats and dogs this morning and have be home quickly after work to take the oldest to his ball game.
    uʍop əpıs ɹəqqnɹ əɥʇ dəəʞ ɹəqɯəɯəɹ pəɥsɐɹɔ əʌɐɥ ʇɥƃıɯ noʎ sıɥʇ pɐəɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Members who have read this thread: 0