Thread: I'm Back!

mtbr member

I'm Back!

About 2 years ago, I was taken out by a work van on my way home. After physically healing, and getting the doctor's okay, I tried to start commuting and riding again. But every time I got out there, I freaked. Every car that came up on me was going to hit me. I ditched into the grass more often than not, and it would take me hours to make it home because I was constantly waiting for breaks in traffic.

I'm done. It's over. I'm back. While it will take some time to build up to the 37 mile one way commute, it's gonna happen 3 days a week. I don't think I've ever been more excited to ride.
    Bourbon: Because no good story ever started with "So, there we were eating salads".

CB of the East
    Hey Texan, welcome back! I wondered where you went. Sorry to hear about the accident. That sounds pretty emotionally scarring.

Are you still on Florida? Did you ever make your coast to coast trip? I think that is about where you left off.

mtbr member
    Nope, I'm in Waco now, looking to commute to Temple. I did make the coast to coast trip with a few other guys, including some RAAM riders who really carried me the whole way. LOL.
    Bourbon: Because no good story ever started with "So, there we were eating salads".

I'd rather be on my bike
    Welcome back!! 37 miles each way? 3 days a week? WOW!! Glad to hear that you are alright after that incident.
    The pedals turn, not just the left one, but the right one too.

mtbr member
    Kudos! Keep the rubber side down!

mtbr member
    Thinking I'll start just doing it one way. Doesn't matter what time I get home, but really matters what time I make it to the office, ya know? I'll work up to it. Although the ride in to work is primarily one long downhill ride. LOL.

mtbr member
    Hey welcome back!! Sounds like you have had a tough time after the accident, glad you got over it!

37m 1way is quite a challenge - good luck!

CB of the East
    Quote Originally Posted by Texan-n-Fla View Post
    Thinking I'll start just doing it one way. Doesn't matter what time I get home, but really matters what time I make it to the office, ya know? I'll work up to it. Although the ride in to work is primarily one long downhill ride. LOL.
    It sounds like a good candidate for the old car-bike-bike-car routine. Drive to work with the bike, ride home, ride in, drive home, repeat.