As if bikers didn't have it bad enough already..- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2008

As if bikers didn't have it bad enough already..

Jul 2009
    Makes me glad that I don't live in Delaware.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    You can buy those blowguns with the needle tips for $12 at Army Navy.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Another good reason to whack yr bicycle fast when commuting. It will be harder for attacker to take a proper aim at u.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Cool I can add another reason for carrying a Glock when I ride.

No-Brakes Cougar
    Fortunately these things are illegal in California. Unfortunately, that doesn't stop people from possessing them. People are freakin' cowards. With two or more of them in the car, they see you alone on your bike as weak and vulnerable and thus an easy target, like the playground bully who picks on the smallest, weakest kid. The best thing to do in these cases is to be as alert as possible and always ready to take down a license plate number.
    R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio ~ July 10, 1942 May 16, 2010

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Thats why there is no purpose in making them illegal. Anyone who wants a blow dart gun and get one im sure, prolly anywhere in the world. Im sure you could build your own if you wanted.

As per the article .... " ...three of the vehicles were described as pickup trucks." Hmmmm, big surprise there

Frt Range, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuelish
    As per the article .... " ...three of the vehicles were described as pickup trucks." Hmmmm, big surprise there
    Take care, these kind of reports are very unreliable. Remember the DC snipers? Everyone was looking for a white van...they were in a old dark colored sedan. Turns out if you look around at anytime of day on the road, it's very likely you'll see a white van somewhere in your line of sight, same thing goes for a pick-up.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Yeah, Delaware rider here. They have no idea who they are looking for or what they are driving. I think it is up to 6 bikers/runners attacked now in different but localized areas. Unfortunately, they will likely never be caught. But, I think I would take a dart to the leg if it meant I could see who did it, chase them down, and beat the piss out of them. Then hand them to the cops for a "rough ride" in the back of a patrol car to the station.

Randomhead
    Sep 2008
    who is selling these things? If they weren't easily available, people wouldn't be using them.

A google search shows that they are sold at Cabelas. If I get one of these things in the butt, I'm going to own one of those nice stuffed elephant carcases they have at their stores.

Beetlejuice!
    Terrible, but probably better than getting shot with a gun, which is what randomly happened this morning in Phoenix.
    "too weird to live, too rare to die" - HST
    "Oh Gravity, thou art a heartless bitch" - Sheldon

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    You dont have to sell them. You can make them at home your self

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylishxone767
    You dont have to sell them. You can make them at home your self
    Sounds like Stylish really knows his stuff. What kind of car do you drive and what part of delaware are you in? Looks like we found the shooter guys!!

Randomhead
    Sep 2008
    none of the reported incidents have involved a home built dart. If the remote breaks, most Americans will watch one channel of tv, home built darts are the least of my worries.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocknificent
    Makes me glad that I don't live in Delaware.

As if I need another reason.

Ovaries on the Outside
    I was almost hit by eggs once, but those darts could really cause a serious injury. I hope they find the people doing this.

My Brain Hurts!
    Quote Originally Posted by unterhausen
    who is selling these things? If they weren't easily available, people wouldn't be using them.

A google search shows that they are sold at Cabelas. If I get one of these things in the butt, I'm going to own one of those nice stuffed elephant carcases they have at their stores.
    Sorry man, but that is messed up thinking. That is the same logic as banning certain or all guns/weapons/etc. A person has to have the idea and follow through to commit a crime with anything, for it to be bad. I have a Beretta 9mm sitiing in it's case and it has never loaded itself and wandered off to shoot someone.The same goes for a 3 foot hunk of 2x4, a garden rake, a steak knife or a bottle of gasoline. All are legal, all are readily available and all have been used to commit violent crimes.

Banning blow guns or anything will not stop violent idiots from being violent.
    Remember when we were kids and our Mom's said we could not play in the mud? I'm making up for it now!!

mtbr member
    Im sorry but, unterhausen , you need to go see a psychiatrist. Your brain is all screwed up.

I have made blow guns and darts myself out of primitive supplies that have enough power to take down a squirrel. All you need is river cane and some thistle . This weapon has been around for years and years, Heck im 43 and have had ones like cabala's sale when i was 8. You can get them at the flee markets and wallmart use to sell them with all the different kinds of ammo. Millions of people own these things, ITS NOT THE BLOWGUN, ITS THE IDIOT USING A BLOWGUN. if they didnt use a blowgun then they would find something else. And if you take away everything that could be used as a weapon then we would all have to wear diapers and sit in padded room.

Members who have read this thread: 0