I want a new bike- Mtbr.com
    Huckin' trails

I want a new bike

I'm sick of my current heavy commuter, I need to spend some cash to get my mind off all the **** happening in my life lately. What's your ideas for a fun commuter bike for urban short to mid commutes (less than 15 miles round-trip, usually 6 miles/10km), to ride on winter too (must use 26" wheels), clearance for tires up to 2" wide, with compatibility for front disc brake and either Roller brake or disc brake in the rear, must be ready for a solid rear rack and full fenders, could be alu, steel or carbon, size small/med (max 17"), rear IGH would be fun too. Make it in a cool flat black, pimp orange, etc, and around $1k.
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

Graveyard Shift
    You just described a Surly Troll.
    Long is the way, and hard.

Huckin' trails

I want a new bike

Looks nice. But kinda expensive (almost $600 frameset or $1 300 complete) at first look. Also seems heavy by design, buy I'll have to look into it. Otherwise it's a fun bike from what I can read online. I already have a 100mm fork with my front disk brake and wheel, so I guess I'll only have to add a rear wheel and drivetrain to a frame. Maybe. Thanks.
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

Bedwards Of The West
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristianCoté View Post
    You just described a Surly Troll.
    ding ding ding
    You have no excuse for driving to work
    (unless you don't have studded tires)
    (no excuse for that either)

Huckin' trails

I want a new bike

I'm ordering a Troll frameset on Monday, $650 with tax. Too bad it's not available in pimp purple or orange, black will have to do.

Huckin' trails
    Please disregard my previous post. I actually bought it an hour ago from a small lbs I pass on my way to the bigger outdoor bike shop, and the owner made it $30 cheaper than the other guys without even me talking about pricing in the first place. So $620 with tax. Now I need a green crank with 73mm bb and green housing.

Graveyard Shift
    Glad I could be of service, it's a really great bike that you can do a lot with. If you ever want to run 650b, 700c, bikepack, tour, it's all there.

Enjoy your purchase!

Huckin' trails
    Thanks. Now I'm trying to decide between black or eggplant purple. The black looks like a cheap bike, but the purple doesn't look pimp enough on Surly website, although a Google image search with "Surly Troll eggplant" show some nice purple pimp Troll. Is the 2014 eggplant purple dark or pimp ? I love purple bikes

Also, is it only me of the Surly website doesn't really show much details in the few pictures ? Also, since it's an all-steel frame set, and I'll be commuting year round, how durable is the Surly powder coat in your experience ? Does it chip easily (mostly when you lock it up or in a bike rack) or is it a thick and flexible coating (not brittle) ? I'm gonna wax the frame and fork before the build and grease everything, but does it required extra wrapping of old inner tubes around the frame and forks ?

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I vote purple. I got the black troll because I figured it would be less likely to be stolen. I built up a purple for a family member this summer and wish I had just gone ahead and gotten the purple. It is not super dark, kind of a medium. There are some decent pics in the Surly Troll thread.

The paint is pretty durable. Mine is an urban utility bike and after a couple years of being treated like one it only has some mild scratches no real chips. Much better than the salsa vaya I had that chipped everytime you looked at it.

Graveyard Shift
    I'd vote purple as well, it definitely has more character. I'd say that it catches the light pretty well, so how pimp it looks is going to really depend on the conditions.

I miss the orange colour of previous years. Maybe eventually we'll get it in a nice bright blue.

Huckin' trails

I want a new bike

Thanks, that's some good info. My current frame is a 96ish GT Tempest in purple-blue and I have a 100mm RS Dart 2 fork since '10, new front wheel with BB7 brake, rear is still an old Nexus 7 IGH laced on a 24" Alex rim that I picked up a few years ago for $5 at a garage sale, and now it's starting to give up, so I found a Nexus 3 laced on a 26" rim that I'm gonna swap from a friend, except I had to clean the whole hub and figure out which parts are missing and put it back together, so I'm still waiting on a few little parts from the distributor before I can rebuild the Nexus 3 and get rid of the 24" Nexus 7. Plus I have a rollerbrake in the rear. Currently using the stock triple crank with a recent XT bb and LX derailleur, SRAM X4 front shifter. I can shift almost always in the front, it's really setup perfectly and I get superfast acceleration, but thanks to the whole setup of the bike, it's hard to maintain a decent cruising speed. Lucky with all the traffic lights around here, you find yourself doing accelerations more often then keeping up a good pace.

I'm gonna try to go with maybe a double or single crankset, throw a Marathon Winter 26x1.75 in the front (will be nice and square on a 27mm wide rim) and a CX Pro 26x1.35 in the rear (curious to see if I can maintain my grip and comfort in the rear with less rolling resistance), stick with the same brakeset, seatpost and cockpit. I'll add full fenders and a rear rack, ideally bags too or something I can use as a back-pack at school, but that I can hook on the rack when I commute. Gonna add a few bottle cages or big plastic jars to carry my water and chain/padlock, add safety lights and mounts for real lights, some black reflective tape on the forks front and rear, maybe a wider bar for more room for mounts (found a purple anodized one for $20 on eBay, pretty legit too), and maybe add some air horn and camera mount.

Should get close to $1k in the end. Last time I rode on a rigid steel was with my old Raleigh Summit over 5 years ago and that thing was way too stiff and killing my wrists. My brother's '96 GT Timberline cro-mo is actually very nice and smooth, I really feel confident on that bike, even better after I got him a sweet 2001 Marz' Z5 100mm fork. Too bad that I decided to give him that bike when I first got it second-hand haha. I reckon the Troll all-steel frameset will be somewhat similar to that Timberline and I'll try the Troll fork first and see if my wrists approves. My RS Dart 2 is 4.5 pounds, so quite heavier than the Troll steel fork, but our streets here are even worst than our trails...

I was also thinking of getting rid of the heavy IGH setup and get a disc hub with single cog in the rear, use a singleator-type device and run a triple crank in the front, like a road triple. That'd save so much weight, but I'm still shy of running out of gears when I hit cruising speeds. I guess I would have to size the rear cog by trying out over time.

Huckin' trails

I want a new bike

Summer 2012, Dew Tour at the beach in Ocean City, MD !
    I want a new bike-imageuploadedbytapatalk1416113094.807510.jpg

His first winter (2012-2013) !
    I want a new bike-imageuploadedbytapatalk1416112856.581270.jpg

His second winter (2013-2014) !
    I want a new bike-imageuploadedbytapatalk1416112782.500162.jpg

End of September, almost done with tune-up since the build 3 years ago.
    I want a new bike-imageuploadedbytapatalk1416112422.446617.jpg

28th of October, after a driver intentionally ran into me, I landed 12ft further and my bike was stamped into the rear of a car parked 15 ft from the initial impact.
    I want a new bike-imageuploadedbytapatalk1416112458.248053.jpg
    I want a new bike-imageuploadedbytapatalk1416113268.898428.jpg
    I want a new bike-imageuploadedbytapatalk1416113288.501875.jpg

mtbr member
    Still really sucks about that driver.

I think you'll like rigid, although you should give it a couple of rides because it'll force you to learn a slightly different technique. And big tires (2.2+) at low pressures (<30psi) help too.

Huckin' trails

I want a new bike

Quote Originally Posted by newfangled View Post
    Still really sucks about that driver.

I think you'll like rigid, although you should give it a couple of rides because it'll force you to learn a slightly different technique. And big tires (2.2+) at low pressures (<30psi) help too.

Yeah, the police doesn't want to press charges against him. Plus I'll have to pay a $15 fine because I was riding on the left of the one way, very narrow street. With fees, it actually goes up to $42 total. The driver got fined $283 with fees for passing a cyclist without enough distance, plus 2 points of demerits, but he won't be fined another $200 for passing a vehicle by the right nor another $600 for neglecting to assist the victim or contacting 911.

This winter I'll try to actually go skinny in the tires, hoping to reduce rolling resistance, because 90% of the time I'm riding on pavement, streets are cleared within 24 hours of any snow storm and I only have a very short commute of less than 2 miles. Before I used to ride 2" to 2.25" tires with or without studs and while it was fun on the snow, it sucked big time 15 days out of 20 days of commute. However I won't be saving much weight, the Schwable CX Pro 26x1.35 in the rear is 400g and the Marathon Winter 26x1.75 in the front is over 1kg. But I got a very good deal on both tires, at $35 for the Winter and $15 for the CX, so I'll give it a try. I like the reflective sidewall on the Marathon Winter too. I wish all city tires would have them, it's such a big safety feature. Otherwise right now I'm using a worn-out Kenda 8-block small 26x2.1 in the front and it's really nice for the city.

NDD
    mtbr member
    Definitely keep the rigid fork IMO. Is most of your riding pavement? A lot of my riding is pavement and some capricious singletrack or grass/ dirt path adventures. I don't think there is any reason for a suspension fork for that type of riding. Might as well let the tires do the work.
    dang

mtbr member
    DavidC: "...he won't be fined... another $600 for neglecting to assist the victim or contacting 911"

I assume because someone else did call, so it could not be proven that he would have otherwise done so? Were you intending a left turn, or are their particular Montreal rules for bikes being to the left on one way streets in Montreal? In other words did they make something up?

Bedwards Of The West
    Late to the party, but congrats! I have the Ogre and I love it. In my experience the surly stickers are horrible and they will randomly fall off in chunks, but the paint is very durable.

Huckin' trails
    NDD, the streets are are so full of potholes and cracks that a front suspension is a real blessing, even with big tires. But I'll try the rigid fork (steel should help) and see how my wrists do. Also I like the wide options of mounts and to finally run a full fender in the front.

Brian, I'm the one who called 911. The driver never got out of his car until I got hold of the operator, after picking myself up the ground, crawling in front of his car 30ft away to make sure he doesn't drive away and he never even spoke to me. I was riding on the left, but I was trying to actually pull to the right half of the road, since there isn't even enough room for a car to pass, but he kept sticking to my rear wheel so I couldn't move right in front of him or to go to the extreme right of the street. There's cars parked on both sides and you can't physically fit a car and a person next to each other on that street. No matter which side I would have been, it doesn't change the fact that you can't pass without running over. They didn't made anything up, but they sure didn't do much either. Our driving regulation code is outdated, the only article treating of a bicycle use are dated from 1986 and there's like 6 articles only. We're militating for changes, but in the meanwhile people are free to run us over as they wish and we have to deal with shitty ass laws that incapacity riding in many safe ways, like to be allowed to ride on the left (on one way streets mostly) or to take the full lane if needed, or to dictate a real safe passing distance for cars (right now it just says a reasonable safe distance, aka just don't hit them too hard). We can't turn right on a red light in Montreal, even if you're on a bike and you did a full stop before turning. A lot of ridiculous and dangerous situations happening everyday here unfortunately.

CB, thanks, I agree the Surly stickers never really made me happy, I will probably take them off anyway and splatter some various bike stuff stickers to make it less attractive to *******s.

Now I'm trying to decide if I should go with a mtn triple crank or a road double in front... I'll have a Nexus 3 in the rear, but might actually go with a single speed hub at some point and keep a front crank with double or triple rings to help with climbs and winter slush. Either way, I need to buy a crank, since my current one is the stock '96 Alivio with a recent 68mm square taper XT BB. I can get a Deore M590 triple for $86, or a Sora double or triple for $75, brand new from a local distributor.

Bedwards Of The West
    Are you going drop bars, or flat bar? I've had both crank set-ups, but eventually landed on the mountian triple for the Ogre, because that's what you'll want if you ever actually do any touring with it. I built the Ogre after doing a little touring on a bike I had to do a bunch of swapping on to make it tour-ready, and wanted to be able to just grab the bike and go if the opportunity came up again. For strictly commuting, I'd go with the double and drop bars. I had a road double with no front D for a long time...sweet set-up. Leave it in the Big ring all the time, and kick it down with your toe in the rare extreme headwind or monster climb. With the predictability of my commute, a front D was just extra garbage to haul around. I was never using it anyway.

Huckin' trails
    Well I'm keeping my riser bars and I've been doing the no fd with triple crank thing a few times, it's fun, but when the very first 200ft of your daily commute is a steep climb on a street, then a slow uphill on pavement full of potholes and stop signs, it's fun to have a fd tuned like a swiss watch.

I think I'm gonna order the SLX M675 double crank in 28/40t ($117 CAD at ChainReaction) and stick it on my XC bike with single NW ring, then use my old LX M571 from the XC bike which has a 73mm BB and the rings from the new crankset, plus I have a few granny 22t rings left in the bin if I ever need. Then I'll be able to keep my fd and shifter setup. Streets are are worst than trails, remember that haha.

Huckin' trails

I want a new bike

The Eggplant color has been discontinued, and a new color, "Seized pants" should replace it. Should be a brownish kinda trouser color. The black frameset should arrive at the lbs by the end of next week. I guess I'll run it black until I can justify a new paint job after a few winter.

Edit, new color is actually a turquoise "Steve's pants". Something got lost in translation with the French accent of my distributor haha
    Last edited by David C; 11-19-2014 at 10:39 AM.

Huckin' trails

I want a new bike

So I got a call today at 5:30pm, my frame just got in !!!! The shop was closing at 6, so I'm going to pick it up tomorrow after school, even better since I'm done at noon on Wednesday !! I'm excited like a crazy brat at Christmas, I bet that if I would have took the frame home tonight, I wouldn't be able to sleep at all knowing it's sitting in my shop waiting for me ! Plus today I had another order of parts coming in, plus my brother was nice enough to finally machine my custom offset bushings to mount my new rear shock on my XC bike that I've been waiting for since June !! It's been a while since I've smiled of happiness

Huckin' trails

I want a new bike

I just finished Rust-Check'ing the hell out of the frame and fork, next is going to be the NuFinish waxing on the outside, then I can start building it up after school tomorrow since I'm off on Friday. I'll be commuting on my new bike by Monday

mtbr member
    ^ I've used boeshield for the last few years, but my can is getting empty. I'd never even thought of hitting canadian tire for rustcheck, but now I might do that.

(I've got a new steel frame coming too! Possibly even tonight! Although likely tomorrow or friday)

Graveyard Shift
    I'm getting that bike envy again, the feeling that makes me want to spend lots of money I shouldn't...

NDD
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristianCoté View Post
    I'm getting that bike envy again, the feeling that makes me want to spend lots of money I shouldn't...
    Maybe you should opt for switching up something on a bike you already have. Make it feel new, do something special for your bike. Trust me, it's a similar effect. This is how I can afford bikes and college together.
    dang

Huckin' trails

I want a new bike

I used the Rust-Check Coat and Protect (green can) and I think it'll do the job, although I kinda almost empty the whole spray can (tall format), but it's a gel-like coating and you need to stuff the tube so it can move around and coat everywhere. First time I ever played with rust-proofing treatments for inside of a structure, looks okay for a first time. Worst case there's some spots missing in the top and downtube, but it's all coated everywhere else.

Btw, I wasn't smart and should have thought about bringing in my headset so the shop could have pressed the cups in when I went to pick up the frame. Somehow I was under the impression the frame would already come with a standard headset and cups pressed in, maybe because the only other frame I bought new used semi-integrated headset, and came with the bearings cartridges, crown race, etc all in a bag. Meh, lucky I have a spare headset I originally bought for my current frame and never installed, so I'll go to a shop a few blocks near me and have him press the cups in tomorrow

Also, almost got ran over once again by a taxi on my commute home today, in a very similar scenario to the one I really got ran over a month ago that threw me in a bad shape and state of mind.

Go at 2:25 on the video, my heart almost jumped out of my chest when the taxi passed me when I was taking the lane to avoid the parked truck on the right...

http://youtu.be/nkBABg8HAvw

Huckin' trails

I want a new bike

Headset cups are pressed in the frame and it's all degreased and waxed ! I also started to put a few stickers, but I'll add more once the build it complete. Now I have to install black reflective tape at key locations and frame patch for cable rub, then wrap the chainstay and I'm ready to swap parts from my old frame and install new parts too I'm so exhausted right now it's gonna have to wait till tomorrow. I'll post pictures when I can.

Huckin' trails

I want a new bike

Here's my new *****. She's got sexy legs and nice heels hehe

I want a new bike-imageuploadedbytapatalk1417145645.125409.jpg
    I want a new bike-imageuploadedbytapatalk1417145662.453791.jpg

Redhead ?

I want a new bike-imageuploadedbytapatalk1417145683.858827.jpg

NDD
    mtbr member
    Get on with it!

Hurry up and build the damn thing and take some full pictures of it. C'mon, what's a guy gotta do around here to get some bike pics?
    dang

Huckin' trails

I want a new bike

Don't be in such hurry my friend, it's coming along nicely. I had to rebuild the Nexus 3 rear hub and make a pushrod, then cut down the fender rods to the proper length, tweak the rear rack to have it clear the seatstay, had to find a combination of spacers and chaintug to get the rear chainline at 47.5mm and to clear room for the bellcrank of the IGH. Realized my front chainline is at 50mm, so I might have to hunt down a 113x73mm Octalink BB to replace the 118mm one. Lots of little things to figure out and taking my time to make it right and outlast many other bikes out there. It's relax time for me too, that's how I can get rid of stress and not worry about **** in my life for a few hours.

Tomorrow I can finally tear down my former commuter to swap the parts. I installed almost everything I could without touching the other bike today, in case I needed to ride to the store for parts.

Ibera rack and clip-on trunk bag, chromoplastic fenders and chain tensioner.
    I want a new bike-imageuploadedbytapatalk1417229576.415161.jpg

LX M571 crank with 32/44t chainrings.
    I want a new bike-imageuploadedbytapatalk1417229605.499275.jpg

Nexus 3 (16t cog) with RollerBrake and CX Pro 26x1.35 tire.
    I want a new bike-imageuploadedbytapatalk1417229702.584039.jpg

NDD
    mtbr member
    Nice rack... and yer stems on backwards.
    dang

Huckin' trails

I want a new bike

If you look closer, it's the whole fork that's backward

Huckin' trails

I want a new bike

Moar pictures ! Rear end and drivetrain is complete, next is the front end and accessories.

I want a new bike-imageuploadedbytapatalk1417323951.752792.jpg

I want a new bike-imageuploadedbytapatalk1417323980.282424.jpg

I want a new bike-imageuploadedbytapatalk1417324002.232707.jpg

I want a new bike-imageuploadedbytapatalk1417324020.009605.jpg

I want a new bike-imageuploadedbytapatalk1417324037.964783.jpg

I want a new bike-imageuploadedbytapatalk1417324060.613403.jpg

I want a new bike-imageuploadedbytapatalk1417324085.371798.jpg

I want a new bike-imageuploadedbytapatalk1417324135.085566.jpg

Moderator Moderator
    ^^She looks great, that's going to be a nice ride. What shoes is she wearing?

Huckin' trails

I want a new bike

I bought her Schwable's winter collection, a Marathon Winter 26x1.75 on the right and a CX Pro 26x1.35 on the left.

Huckin' trails

I want a new bike

She's *almost* done ! At least enough to warrant a first test ride under the rain tonight and a commute tomorrow ! I'm still gonna have to swap the BB for a shorter axle length and figure out the chain tension in the rear because on the 32t chainring, I don't have enough tension to keep the chain forward enough to engage at least 1/4 of the rear sprocket teeth and it's skipping. No problem on the 44t tho. Might have to add either a second tensioner fixed on the chainstay or add a pulley cage to the one already installed. Also gonna have to finish mounting the accessories and add more reflective tape, reflectors and lights. Might also install a little flag sticking out on the left to give drivers a thought about passing me safely.

Now for the ride itself, it is sweet and fast ! Even though the full build is still on the heavy side due to the full winter commuter package, it rolls very nicely and steel feel amazing after all these years on aluminum bikes. Looks like my wrists are happy with the rigid steel too I'm really looking forward my commute tomorrow morning, although I'm gonna be a mess from a short night of sleep and working late all weekend.

Sorry for the dark pictures, I'll snap good ones later on.

7pm
    I want a new bike-imageuploadedbytapatalk1417411780.312190.jpg

Headset spacers galore !
    I want a new bike-imageuploadedbytapatalk1417411827.149765.jpg

Reflective tape by the dropouts.
    I want a new bike-imageuploadedbytapatalk1417411873.816324.jpg

I had to create a bracket to hold the front fender at a 26" height.
    I want a new bike-imageuploadedbytapatalk1417411917.876580.jpg

Black tape !
    I want a new bike-imageuploadedbytapatalk1417411976.430231.jpg

Baptism !
    I want a new bike-imageuploadedbytapatalk1417412032.118133.jpg

BikeGlow.com red glow wire, perfect taillight system and highly visible even during the day !
    I want a new bike-imageuploadedbytapatalk1417412111.457697.jpg

A boring picture.
    I want a new bike-imageuploadedbytapatalk1417412180.743478.jpg

Ready to go for tomorrow !
    I want a new bike-imageuploadedbytapatalk1417412229.031790.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Nice Troll build! That saddle has got to go though!
    Jason
    Disclaimer: www.paramountfargo.com

Huckin' trails
    Quote Originally Posted by JAGI410 View Post
    Nice Troll build! That saddle has got to go though!
    Until I find a new one of the same model, it will stay on the bike to the day I'll be riding on the bare rails. Plus it ticks off theft to see a old saddle on a bike right away.

Huckin' trails

I want a new bike

I fixed the chain tensioner and changed from a 16t to a 18t cog in the rear, went a another quick test ride uphill and it's perfect. A double front and IGH rear is magic ! You can switch in a fraction of second between low, 1:1, high and 1/4 turn of the crank gets you in the higher or lower range. I can speed down a steep street and stop in the middle, do a u-turn and climb back up without having to mess with shift delays of a normal external setup. I wonder if many people who run IGH also use more than a single chainring upfront ? I've been doing this for 3 years and it's sweet as pie.

I still need to add bottle cages and reflectors in the rear. More stickers too.

I want a new bike-imageuploadedbytapatalk1417490228.554647.jpg
    I want a new bike-imageuploadedbytapatalk1417490260.339199.jpg

The tail light is off, but due to the wire, it glows with daylight
    I want a new bike-imageuploadedbytapatalk1417490308.627576.jpg

Huckin' trails

I want a new bike

I really like how it rides so far, despite the huge enormous and outnumbering potholes and deep wide gouges in the streets, the bike doesn't hit hard, while my XC fork used to softer than the rigid steel, the rear end of the Troll is a lot softer than my old bike, evening out the overall ride quality over bumps and drops and honestly a stiffer but softer rear end really is more comfy and faster on the climbs. And even more important, nothing rattles ! It's only when I clip-on my rear bag with the u-lock on top that the typical commuter maracas symphony starts. The fenders and chain are very quiet, which makes me happy as a piggy in a muddy puddle

NDD
    mtbr member
    Not gonna lie. I've only got the slightest bit of bike envy right now.
    dang

Huckin' trails

I want a new bike

I finally came up with her name ! She's the Merry Troll ! And right now as I am heading to bed, we already had a few inches of snowfall this evening with more and more coming down till the morning tomorrow Merry will enjoy her first snow and she'll get all dirty for me

NDD
    mtbr member
    You just tell everyone here what you wanna do to her like that? Perv.
    dang

Graveyard Shift
    I'm happy this love is as good as your last one.

Huckin' trails

I want a new bike

I want a new bike-imageuploadedbytapatalk1417668424.351601.jpg

She did great !! Also got my Bar Mitts yesterday and tried them on the bike in the afternoon to stroll around town visiting bike shops to shop for parts haha. The mitts really work ! It's was icy rainy wet, but I rode the whole afternoon without gloves on ! Looks promising for the mtb rides ! Also got to weight her. Without the rear bag on, she's exactly at 34lbs, which is quite nice considering the heavy 1kg front tire and the rear IGH.

Huckin' trails

I want a new bike

I just bought a pair of Kolpin Geartector ATV mitts for a sweet $24 CAD that I will install on Merry and lock them down with a padlock or something sturdy. I loved how warm the Bar Mitts kept my bare hands, it's really day and night. I also ordered a rain/weatherproof cover for my trunk bag and stumbled unto a lightning deal on Amazon.ca for a Kryptonite Serie 2 Mini 7, at only $32 CAD ($36 including taxes), while it retails for over $50 plus tax in stores and at $42 online. Gonna use it to lock up the rear wheel and frame to make it less temping for thieves. Overall I'm starting to feel very comfy on the new bike and enjoying even more the commute thanks to all the accessories and no weight on my back. I might upsize the rear cog once more, this time for a 20t, as the 18t doesn't give me a low enough ratio to prevent premature wear on the 3 speed IGH on the climbs.
    Last edited by David C; 12-05-2014 at 08:22 PM.

Huckin' trails

I want a new bike

I still have to do a few changes, picked up a shorter BB today and decided to changed the 18t cog to a 20t, loose the outer chainring, chain tensioner, fd and left shifter for the winter months, then I'll have to play around a little more with the front fender fixture and I'm gonna try to figure out a reliable way to enclose the portion of the rear wheel that is between the seatstay and chainstay in order to help keeping all the winter grime away from the frame and the RollerBrake and drivetrain (trying to protect all that steel from the salt). I'll keep working on a complete EL wire setup (electroluminescent wire) and wrap a white one on the fork and add more positive lightning along the bike.

I'll list the specs of the build soon, and I'll try to weight it once again after doing the last mechanical intervention.

Huckin' trails

I want a new bike

She's looking pretty good !

I want a new bike-imageuploadedbytapatalk1418444350.255122.jpg

I want a new bike-imageuploadedbytapatalk1418444372.604806.jpg

I want a new bike-imageuploadedbytapatalk1418444400.525383.jpg

On my way to the post office yesterday !

I want a new bike-imageuploadedbytapatalk1418444452.941299.jpg