• 04-11-2012
    quax
    I love my wife because ...
    ... when after years of inner resistance I finally tranformed my beloved cyclocross racing machine into a commuter mule (fenders, rack, etc.) her first comment was: "looks sort of ugly now"

... when looking out of the window in the morning and it's raining and snowing and really nasty out there she tells me: "it looks worse than it its. Have fun!"

... she tells all her friends how cool she finds it that I commute by bike every day such a distance (the little boy in me really likes this :D)

... "this new expensive wheel set makes your commute easier? Buy it!"
  • 04-11-2012
    R+P+K
    My wife does #3 too!
  • 04-11-2012
    runthesingletrack
    Mine too! (# 3) And I get to keep the gas money I save for upgrades! Supportive spouses are where it's at!
  • 04-11-2012
    muayteg
    Mine complains that I cant fit more groceries in my backpack.
  • 04-11-2012
    quax
    Are you trying hard enough? :)

• 04-11-2012
    woodway
    I love my wife because 2-3 days/week she rides 12 miles from home to meet me on my commute route so that we can ride home together.
  • 04-11-2012
    AndrwSwitch
    My fiancee thinks my nicest bike is pretty, and I should definitely hold onto it even if I replace it with something that fits me better for most training.

She supported me adding a track bike to my already large collection.
  • 04-11-2012
    CommuterBoy
    My wife does a great job of pretending that she understands why anyone could possibly want or need more than one bicycle.
  • 04-11-2012
    bedwards1000
    I Love My Wife Because
    She talked me into buying my studded tires that I had so much fun with this winter.

She encouraged me to by my cross bike.

She reminds me that if we indulged in any power sports that we'd be spending more money than we do now on healthy sports.

She lets me justify all my bike purchases with the money I save commuting.

She's as cheap and frugal as I am but knows when it's time to spend.

And, she runs marathons. I could never do that, and her training time is my riding time, works out great.

I'll limit it to bike related stuff here.:)
  • 04-11-2012
    R+P+K
    Maybe I should put my saved commuting money towards upgrades....
  • 04-12-2012
    runthesingletrack
    ^^^It's a pretty awesome deal!