• 04-19-2009
    goodvibe
    3 Attachment(s)
    I just bought a new commuter!
    Just figured that I would share. I just bought this to replace my mountain bike commuter. It is awesome and crazy fast while being comfortable to ride.
  • 04-19-2009
    Gary the No-Trash Cougar
    Sweet. I like the spoke pattern and the way the tires match the frame color.
  • 04-19-2009
    OverTheHillInAz
    It's a Trek FX 7.7 right? nice bike. I've been looking to replace my hard tail commuter also. I like this bike, and the Jamis Supernova. You think a 32c tire would fit this bike?
  • 04-20-2009
    goodvibe
    I definitely think that a 32c tire would fit this bike. It currently has a 700x28 tire.
  • 04-21-2009
    newaccount
    That's bling for a comuter. I hope you don't have to lock it up unattended.

I also like the Specialized Sirrus series, which is comparable.
  • 04-21-2009
    stingray_coach
    Very Sweet. Lose the reflectorizers though...they throw your wheels out of balance. :thumbsup:
  • 04-21-2009
    Bdoc132
    Its a commuter not a racer, I say put more reflectors on it. I would much rather be seen with dorky reflectors all over my bike than end up over a hood
  • 04-21-2009
    goodvibe
    Actually, I lost the reflectors and added a blinky on the back and a white led on the front. Fortunately, I work with my wife and we drive in together and I keep my bike in the car until it is time to go home. I went for the first ride on it today and, after a few adjustments, it rode really well. On all of my mountain bikes, I ride a 15.5", but that size on this bike was crazy small. This one is the 17.5" and the cockpit is a tad small. I might replace the stem and make the cockpit a touch longer.
  • 04-22-2009
    rogue_monkey
    nice bike, I have the model up i think and its a great ride. like you the frame i have is a 19 and i normally ride 17. I like the geometry of the bike and ride position. The specialized are also nice as i know two people with them.
    enjoy the bike i'm sure you'll like it.
  • 04-22-2009
    goodvibe
    The next model up had the same components and a carbon frame. I don't think that i needed a carbon town bike. It is really nice though.
  • 04-22-2009
    rogue_monkey
    ok then i must have the same bike, no carbon frame for me, thats to rich for my blood. its a great bike, i to got the model without disc brakes i didn't really think it was all that needed.
  • 04-23-2009
    goodvibe
    I agree, I think disc brakes are overkill on this type of bike.
  • 04-23-2009
    newaccount
    Quote:

Originally Posted by stingray_coach
    Very Sweet. Lose the reflectorizers though...they throw your wheels out of balance. :thumbsup:

Use reflective safety tape. It's lighter and you can put it almost anywhere on the frame of the bike.
  • 04-23-2009
    newaccount
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rogue_monkey
    nice bike, I have the model up i think and its a great ride. like you the frame i have is a 19 and i normally ride 17. I like the geometry of the bike and ride position. The specialized are also nice as i know two people with them.
    enjoy the bike i'm sure you'll like it.

I agree, these bikes have the perfect geometry for mountain bikers.
  • 04-25-2009
    goodvibe
    I think that reflective safety tape will ruin the aesthetics of the shiny new bike.
  • 04-26-2009
    leaftye
    So get black or silver reflective tape.
  • 05-02-2009
    TrekJeff
    Sweet, put some wood on those tires!
  • 05-30-2009
    Qatarbhoy
    Just spotted this thread. I'm after the 7.5FX (in sweet duotone white) and would love to hear more about your experiences with this bike. I'm just under 6' and I think the 20" frame size would be right. My mountain bikes' frame sizes range from 19.5" to 21.5".
  • 06-01-2009
    Mr.Ice
    Thats a nice ride. They are fast. :thumbsup: I almost bought one of those. Trek sadly discontinued the disc brake model a few years ago. So I went with A Gary Fisher Mendota.
  • 06-01-2009
    Funrover
    Nice ride!