I hate sand- Mtbr.com

Thread: I hate sand

mtbr member

I hate sand

I am obssessed with bunny hops and jumping. Mostely because I recently figured out bunny hops. The bunny hop is a huge progression in Mtb commuting. You can be the bike destroyer with that skill. Once it gets high enough, I'll be jumpin from roads to sidewalks. It's not quite high enough yet.

There's this strip of sandy dirt in town that I lust for cause of this ditch that runs through it. It's a bump with a small eroded crevice goin through it. I love jumping it and make sure my commute goes there. It's also downhill from the bus stop. It runs along the road and I have cleared it hundreds of times. Anyway I decided I would go faster and see if I can get higher. I did not go higher but landed super sketch and my bike started fish tailin. It like skidded in the loose non single track and I went down. My bike was tossed into the turning lane. Luckely no one was turning, but some people where gapin at my crash. It looked a lot worse than it was. I had my ass behind the seat and that saved me from intense pain. My elbow was scraped, got a hole in my hand, and a big ass bruise. My whole right side was dirty and there was some blood. I did not know mountain bikes bounce.

I hate sand now.

How do you get a bunny hop higher than 4 inches?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    lower the seatpost a little, go further back onto your back tire, jump and push your bike to the sky, bring your feet up to level out the bike in the air, on my park bike i can get about three feet, on my commuter only about 8 inches, but 8 is pleanty to get over curbs
    8BALL UP8

mtbr member
    I lowered my seat. i am getting a bit higher as of today. Thanks.

Members who have read this thread: 0