How was your commute today? - Page 128- Mtbr.com
Page 128 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128
Results 25,401 to 25,429 of 25429
    NDD
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by s0ckeyeus View Post
    97F yesterday. The hottest October day on record. Still no rain.

Cooler weather is on the way, but I'm cutting out for NC on Friday. I'm going to sneak in a Pisgah ride while down there and check out my first Velosolutions pump track. When my wife asks, "Can we visit my best friend in NC?," the answer is always "Yes!"
    Nice! I'm pretty sure that's the company that's going to make a pump track about 30 minutes drive North of me. Apparently it'll be on the order of the biggest in the country. There's supposed to be one in a neighboring suburb but I can't find the thing and it's small.
    dang

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NDD View Post
    Nice! I'm pretty sure that's the company that's going to make a pump track about 30 minutes drive North of me. Apparently it'll be on the order of the biggest in the country. There's supposed to be one in a neighboring suburb but I can't find the thing and it's small.
    Awesome. They are popping up all over the world. Apparently, we aren't cool enough in Louisville, KY to afford one.

The thing I hate about pump tracks is that even if they're built correctly--which they aren't always--they fall prey to erosion and don't get the amount of upkeep they need. The rollers on our local track are getting smaller and smaller and seemingly farther and farther apart as the dirt settles into the troughs, making it harder to ride. Asphalt seems like it'd be super fast. I'm kind of concerned I'll get cocky and try to gap something a little too ambitious, but we'll see what happens.

NDD
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by s0ckeyeus View Post
    Awesome. They are popping up all over the world. Apparently, we aren't cool enough in Louisville, KY to afford one.

The thing I hate about pump tracks is that even if they're built correctly--which they aren't always--they fall prey to erosion and don't get the amount of upkeep they need. The rollers on our local track are getting smaller and smaller and seemingly farther and farther apart as the dirt settles into the troughs, making it harder to ride. Asphalt seems like it'd be super fast. I'm kind of concerned I'll get cocky and try to gap something a little too ambitious, but we'll see what happens.
    I can feel that sense of worry. It'll be perfect to take my '02 Monocog out on whenever it gets finished. Hopefully y'all will get one sometime!
    dang

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    First day of cool weather, actually feels like fall. My cheap blinky popped off the bracket when I hit a bump and scattered in pieces across the road...guess I didn't get it snapped on all the way. My nicer blinky has an elastic band instead of a bracket, I think I like that better now.

mtbr member
    This morning, my saddle came loose. I don't know why, but it did. It was so bad, I had to hand tighten it at a stop light. Then the last 5 minutes of my ride were spent out of the saddle because the saddle was rattling around and pointing up as far as it could go.

mtbr member
    I now understand why i have trouble reaching a service desk in Hamburg!

My ride was good, but this morning wet again, on the way back it was dry but big headwind...enjoyed it none the less!
    Surly Big Dummy XT 2x9
    Salsa Fargo under construction

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by squeakymcgillicuddy View Post
    First day of cool weather, actually feels like fall. My cheap blinky popped off the bracket when I hit a bump and scattered in pieces across the road...guess I didn't get it snapped on all the way. My nicer blinky has an elastic band instead of a bracket, I think I like that better now.
    Ive never been a fan of rubber band mounts, but they work. My niterider hard clamp last night splayed open as i tightened and i had to cruiser over while holding it on to fix it. Had someone rush a pass tyen cut a right in front of me, sheesh.
    Been hot and humid, this morning commute cooled of a little, because rains rolling in. I left early as i saw a opening in the weather radar, timed it pretty well and caught just a bit of it as i arrived, isnt technology amazing?

mtbr member
    I accidentally rode the big ring all the way home. I was down to 48 x 29 on the half mile or so grade. Wondered why my quads were complaining a bit. Good work out. So I'll push the same on the way in on Monday. Improvement over wondering if I'd have to drop to the 24 granny when using the 36 x 29 on that same hill. Dropping 20 pounds helped too.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Shadow View Post
    I now understand why i have trouble reaching a service desk in Hamburg!
    Hey I'm here!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclingdutchman View Post
    Hey I'm here!
    I needed somebody @ Mirion
    Surly Big Dummy XT 2x9

Moderator Moderator
    Nice rides today. Had an annual Department day with a.m. meetings and p.m. activities. Lucky for me it was at the granite museum about 6 miles from home. From there I got a lift to the MTB trail system nearby where I am on the trail crew, and led a ride around the old quarries, etc. There was a great turnout for the biking, but my group was only 4 which made it easy to regroup. After the ride I was able to ride home 8 miles past the reservoir and check on the loons (still there) and the beavers (their new dam has raised the water level in the adjacent wetland about 4'). Interestingly, and unusually, among the 4 of us nobody brought a cell that could take pix or a camera.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    Had someone rush a pass tyen cut a right in front of me, sheesh.
    I hate that!

The local Thursday night gravel group rides have started up so I got bonus miles in on the way home.

mtbr member
    I had someone pass me dangerously to my left while I was in the process of switching lanes. I had I signaled my move into the turning lane, but apparently I don't count because I'm on a bike. Instead of having to deal with me sitting behind them at the red light, they decided to run the red. So basically, all around great driving...

local trails rider
    It was dark going out - the sun peeked through the clouds coming back. It has been getting colder. I need to find warmer gloves.

How was your commute today?-20191004_143054.jpg

"it IS possible that you are faster or slower than anybody else who is having at least as much if not more or less fun"

CB of the East
    The forum is getting s little more active. Winter must be coming.

It is getting colder and darker by the day. I've finally committed to tights instead of shorts for the colder days. I got rained on a little this morning but it wasn't too bad. I can't think of any terribly bad drivers to report for the week. All and all they've been pretty decent. I'm tired and ready for the weekend.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Wore bike pants this morning instead of shorts, my hat, and my winter gloves and shoes with toe warmers stuck to my socks. I didn't need it and was pretty sweaty when I got to work after 90+ minutes of riding, but I wasn't cold. ;-)

Winter is coming. It was mid 40s this morning. It is dark the whole way now as I ride in.

Oh, and on the way home I stopped for a yellow turning red light (I was turning left) and a truck behind me just decided to go on through the intersection. Stupid drivers. It's not like it's more than a one-two minute delay. Thankfully, he went around me instead of through me.

mtbr member
    Rode the 48 front and used all 13-29 rear but did not need to shift to the center sprocket and only a little quad burn just before the crest of the long grade. So still improving.

The battery in the HM strap got shorted by sweat and leaked. Lithium battery not mercury so that was not as bad as it might have been. Trying some waterproof Gorilla duct tape over the battery cover as grease did not help seal it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    Rode my bike today and the fall colors are really starting to come out.

Moderator Moderator
    I wore pants today for the first time this fall too, mostly because it was supposed to drop more than it has. Very foggy on my route, the glasses were misting over reducing visibility even more.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Thunder/Lightning storms have kept me off my bike. I received verification that my warranty replacement motor is in and the warranty work will be done on Monday. So, my goal is to ride in tomorrow and drop my bike off tomorrow. I should be able to pick up my bike on Monday. Bosch is actually doing the motor replacement.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Today was the family Commute. Haven't ridden the tandem yet this year and almost forgot how much we love. It's extra cool with the weehoo.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Had to put on my rainwear for the last 5k, wich sucks bigtime, but i poured. Did some work on my Salsa this evening and itís nearly done!
    Surly Big Dummy XT 2x9

mtbr member
    Had 2 dry trips this day - yay!
    Surly Big Dummy XT 2x9

mtbr member
    Commute this morning was cold. Not ready for winter just yet.

How was your commute today?-img_7914.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    I love fall it is very pretty and the temperatures are great for riding.

mtbr member
    Looking good Jeremy! I have a week off from work next week so no commuting, but time for touring!
    Surly Big Dummy XT 2x9

CB of the East
    Oooh Nooo Snooow!

I'm around, just wicked busy. I only got to ride 3 days this week. That's how busy. The weather has been nice and not too cold yet.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Yesterday was rain and thunder both ways, today was cool and breezy but pretty nice

Moderator Moderator
    Thanks for all the photos, it keeps it interesting here. The snow looks a little too interesting though! Uneventful BMX commute Friday, another nice day. Thursday I drove to an annual meeting/work party, and after painting some leantos for the state park some of us went on a MTB ride on some fun trails I had not tried before. A good day all around, with leaves falling as we rode.

Members who have read this thread: 160