How many bic has u lost?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2008

How many bic has u lost?

I lost 3 bicycles in my lifetime. Hope will not lost more...

Actually is 2(one cheap single speed MTB and another multi-gear MTB). One manage to be found back and the thief is now behind bars.

What's yr record?

mtbr member
    1 lost one Poghliaghi, road bike, Steel with scroll lugs, all capagnolo, from the back of my SUV. I lost a couple of bikes from the garage. one Schwinn 3 spd internal with springer frontend and one austrian 3 speed internal steely, but I think my mother got rid of those after I got into cars and girls...

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    My current bike got stolen a few months ago, but I got it back a week and a half after it was stolen. I was walking home from work wishing that I was riding my bike home instead, and decided to take a short cut behind a neighboring office building. Well there was my bike propped up next to a light post in the middle of their parking lot! I just casually strolled over to my bike, hopped on and rode it home.

No-Brakes Cougar
    Quote Originally Posted by Detri Mental
    My current bike got stolen a few months ago, but I got it back a week and a half after it was stolen. I was walking home from work wishing that I was riding my bike home instead, and decided to take a short cut behind a neighboring office building. Well there was my bike propped up next to a light post in the middle of their parking lot! I just casually strolled over to my bike, hopped on and rode it home.
    That's hilarious! I guess karma works in mysterious ways?

I've only had one bike stolen, so far and that was years ago. Someone cut the lock and stole it out of the bike rack at my High School. Not even sure why they'd go to the trouble, it was a department store MTB, but whatever. Hopefully I'll be able to keep my good track record going. *knocks on wood*
    R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio ~ July 10, 1942 May 16, 2010

Ovaries on the Outside
    Nothing stolen from meeeee.

weirdo
    Good for you, Detri Mental!

I had one stolen. A Univega (Nouvo Sport?) 12 speed, about six months old. In 1983, a 12 speed was hot sh!t. I left it locked up outside the bowling alley and got hauled off for Stupid Teenager Tricks before I made back to the bike. After several days in our local kiddie jail, my bike was long gone.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rodar y rodar
    Good for you, Detri Mental!

I had one stolen. A Univega (Nouvo Sport?) 12 speed, about six months old. In 1983, a 12 speed was hot sh!t. I left it locked up outside the bowling alley and got hauled off for Stupid Teenager Tricks before I made back to the bike. After several days in our local kiddie jail, my bike was long gone.
    Sorry to hear about the Univega!
    Sooo. what was it exactly did they lock you up for? : )

Thread Killer
    i like when people type like lolcats
    I ride a 26'er with tubes and rim brakes.
    Yeah, I'm basically living in the stone age.

Bedwards Of The West
    ^^

I had a beautiful '64 chevy impala that I kept behind a padlock in a garage in LA county... one time I left it at a friend's house, and the next morning when I went to put it back in the garage, the lock was cut, and the would-be car thief (probably pissed that the car wasn't there) took my old cruiser size 24" bmx bike instead. I was pretty mad, but happy that I still had my six-fo

I had a GT hardtail mountain bike stolen from my apartment porch one time too... pretty impressive because it was a 2nd story balcony. Hopefully the dude broke his ankle getting back down.

That's it for me...2 bikes. Currently the bikes are kept inside at home, and at work I park about 6 feet from my desk, so I feel pretty confident that I won't lose another anytime soon.
    You have no excuse for driving to work
    (unless you don't have studded tires)
    (no excuse for that either)

weirdo
    Quote Originally Posted by nagatahawk
    Sorry to hear about the Univega!
    Sooo. what was it exactly did they lock you up for? : )
    My buddy thought the kitchen of the closed snack bar would be a good place to burn a quick doobie. I agreed .

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rodar y rodar
    My buddy thought the kitchen of the closed snack bar would be a good place to burn a quick doobie. I agreed .
    That sucks! Some people just make nothing into a major malfunction!

Members who have read this thread: 0