hit and run foiled by video camera- Mtbr.com
    since 4/10/2009

hit and run foiled by video camera

mtbr member
    Doh, you beat me to it by 15 minutes!
    Are you a Happy Mutant?

mtbr member
    Is it just me or did that look incredibly deliberate?
    Gotta get up to get down.
    LMB

I married a witch.
    I hope they get more than the slap on the wrist fine for failure to maintain lane.
    Be respectful to the disrespectful, wise to the unwise, caring to the uncaring, courteous to the uncourteous.
    My Riding Blog

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

roady rage

it did look deliberate, but its hard to say, i could have been some 16 year old girl on her cellphone texting
    I love when I have extra money, but I never have time when I have extra money...

since 4/10/2009
    it did look deliberate, but I agree it possibly could have also been a horribly distracted (or drunk) driver.

weirdo
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoX33 View Post
    Doh, you beat me to it by 15 minutes!
    I`m glad you put up that link too, cause I was able to see it and the format in this post doesn`t agree with my computer.

MotoX implys in the other thread that the driver was caught thanks to the video. How was that? It`s good news of course, but I wasn`t able to read a plate number of get a glimspe of the driver. Also glad the cyclists involved turned out okay.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rodar y rodar View Post
    ... I wasn`t able to read a plate number or get a glimspe of the driver. Also glad the cyclists involved turned out okay.
    I assume they took the frames of video with the back of the car and digitally processed them enough to get something. Maybe they can overlap that part of the image from multiple frames to gain resolution. With a few characters off the plate, and model and color there should be enough info to narrow the potential suspects, and scratches in the front right corner should confirm the car involved. What amazes me is that the police bothered. In NYC, it sounds like police don't pursue hit and runs with bodies in their wake if those bodies were former cyclists.

BrianMc

dirtbag
    Thread title should be "hit and run caught (or filmed) by video camera". "foiled" implies that the video camera prevented the hit and run accident. The camera will hopefully foil the drivers attempt to flee the due justice.

The dirtbag driver should be hung, drawn and quartered.
    Amolan

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Ouch.

Glad to hear they were both ok and the driver was caught.

Ride safe out there!
    "I have one speed. I have one gear: Go." -- Charlie Sheen

since 4/10/2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ranier View Post
    Thread title should be "hit and run caught (or filmed) by video camera". "foiled" implies that the video camera prevented the hit and run accident. The camera will hopefully foil the drivers attempt to flee the due justice.
    'twas a play on words regarding the earlier thread where the bus driver foiled the escape.

I assume they took the frames of video with the back of the car and digitally processed them enough to get something. Maybe they can overlap that part of the image from multiple frames to gain resolution. With a few characters off the plate, and model and color there should be enough info to narrow the potential suspects, and scratches in the front right corner should confirm the car involved.
    yes, I suspect as much, also.

What amazes me is that the police bothered. In NYC, it sounds like police don't pursue hit and runs with bodies in their wake if those bodies were former cyclists.
    posting it publicly on the internet probably ensured that the police would at least make an effort. not to mention, since the cyclists were alive and well, they could exert a great deal of pressure if nothing was done.

Members who have read this thread: 0