• 12-07-2012
    woodway
    Hey angry driver, smile for the bike cam
    This one is a couple weeks old, saw it on another biking forum.

Hey, angry driver: Smile for the bike cam - Video on NBCNews.com
  • 12-07-2012
    mtbxplorer
    I don't have a bike camera, but it can only help that some do and that motorists are being made aware of that.
  • 12-07-2012
    jrm
    Driver pleads "not guilty"
    what a wanker.
  • 12-07-2012
    ghettocruiser
    Been running one for about a year.

Hasn't helped much, all the incidents worth reporting (a few where a driver actually deliberately went after me) have been in the rain and/or at night, meaning the lens is wet and blurry or I just left it in my pack.
  • 12-10-2012
    Asmodeus2112
    I want to add some cameras to my commuter, wishing there was a black box solution like there are for cars now that would have a GPS to record location and time data as well. Nothing on the market yet. This is getting there, but not quite: Hindsight 35

Maybe just a couple of older GOPRO's is the best way until a better system comes out. I still hate to add more hastle, things to charge, things to turn on and off etc. Biking already has a lot of fiddle factor.
  • 12-10-2012
    CommuterBoy
    I'm asking santa for a GoPro, but my story will be more like "hey stupid deer, smile for the bike cam" :lol:
  • 12-10-2012
    Asmodeus2112
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CommuterBoy View Post
    I'm asking santa for a GoPro, but my story will be more like "hey stupid deer, smile for the bike cam" :lol:

Do the deer harass you when you roll a stop sign too?
  • 12-10-2012
    CommuterBoy
    ^^ Nobody has less respect for the rules of the road than deer... me rolling a stop sign is nothing compared to their blatant disregard for every rule imaginable. They travel the wrong way in bike lanes while pooping, for crying out loud.
  • 12-10-2012
    Asmodeus2112
    Quote:

^^ Nobody has less respect for the rules of the road than deer... me rolling a stop sign is nothing compared to their blatant disregard for every rule imaginable. They travel the wrong way in bike lanes while pooping, for crying out loud.

Yes, and they do it in groups too! Where there's one, there's at least 3 or more coming...
  • 12-10-2012
    BrianMc
    ^^ If you don't think tawny is a good camouflage, you have to witness one spring out of the road edge: nothing and suddenly a deer landing square in front of you. It would make good video, though.

BrianMc
  • 12-10-2012
    Harold
    Quote:

we should stop encouraging them.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CI8UPHMzZm8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>