• 09-19-2009
    danielcarbonari
    Help to choose SEEK 0 - SAN FRANCISCO 3 - VIENNA DELUXE 3
    Hi everyone.

Im looking for a good commuting bike with Alfine 8 and i want a help to choose between this:

GIANT SEEK 0

SPECIALIZED SAN FRANCISCO 3

Both has almost the same features, so is a (look/ geometry/ frame) decision.

I also consider this more tradition option:

SPECIALIZED VIENNA DELUXE 3

Any help will be fine.

• 09-19-2009
    Schmucker
    I'd go with the Giant because it looks better and it's a better company.
  • 09-19-2009
    chuckb77
    I tested the Seek 1 last year, and liked it a lot. Fast and rigid, with internal, and this year they added the tab if you want to put a derailleur on it. That 3way when you sell it, you can swap out the Alfine for the derailleur on your new bike (in the future).
  • 09-19-2009
    Gary the No-Trash Cougar
    For me it would be down to the SF or the Vienna. The SF is cool, but I might be more inclined to go with the Vienna. For the same price, you get lights, fenders and a rear carrier. You'll do just fine with the v-brakes.
  • 09-20-2009
    ProfGumby
    I'm going with a Seek 2 myself. I am going to use this as my road bike and occasional long commutes when I don't have 100 freakin things to carry. I wish I had that bike today at the Century ride.....

I went with the seek as I liked the more rugged frame and the beefier tires vs any of the road/flat bar fitness bikes I saw....and the disc brakes will be sweet in wet weather!