Happy ride to work day- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Happy ride to work day

I was greeted with dry roads, fairly light traffic, clear skies, and about 50 degrees outside. I even caught all green lights on the way to work and didn't spill my coffee. If the rain holds off until about 7pm it will be a perfect day for a ride.

I hope everyone else's commute is as nice.

P.S. For anyone else in Fort Wayne, don't forget about the free coffee and bagel at the City-County Building from 7a-9a.

bi-winning
    Sunny skies here in Niagara Falls.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

mtbr member
    May 2005

Happy Ride to Work Day!

Clear skies here in Dearborn Michigan. I could have asked for a few more degrees at 45 when I left it was a little too cold for me for shorts and a T but a very refreshing ride.

I skipped the coffee this morning as my 15 mile ride in provided enough pick me up.

Happy Riding!

Mar 2006
    Happy Riding Everyone!
    I was happy to see 57 degrees and clouds. It was a beautiful ride this morning. I just hope the rain hold off until I get home. I've got my raingear next to my laptop just in case...

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Nice day here in SE PA. The county I work for has a nice little gig for people who ride in. A little breakfast and some nice raffle prizes like helmets and a folding bike. Not a bad day for my first commute ever.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    It's going to be storming rain when I have to go to work. Whatever. I don't use cars. Everyday is bike to work day. I will go and harass the LBS employees though.

Wonder Boy
    Spitting rain at the house when I left, looked like lighter skies over Anchorage---wrong! Rained steadily for most of the ride, actually picked up more through the morning. Waiting out a slight drizzle to decide whether to call Momma for a ride, or suck it up.

Bill
    If you want to get there, go there.

"Their civilization was just a thin veneer over the unyielding realities of life beyond the frontier, and all too soon these dreams of civilization gave way to the inevitable."
    - anthonys

weirdo
    BEAUTIFUL weather in Reno, NV yesterday and today. Funny combo of circumstances- I`ve been bike commuting in fair weather for years, year round for two years, so here it is bike to work week and I drove in yesterday. I was BSing with my wife when it suddenly occured to me that it was the time when I should be arriving at work and I hadn`t even gotten on the bike yet.

I'm SUCH a square....
    nate, rolled up to the gathering where the mayor was reading the proclamation about OUR day about halfway through his recitation. Someone else there said they estimated about 40 people came and went, I saw about 20-25. Good vibe, good coffee (Starbucks furnished), good bagels (Bagel Station), and good weather. Wore the shirt all day.

A couple folks @ work said "Every day is Bike to Work day for YOU!" to me; they're right, of course, but they felt like they made a discovery.

Overall, a good day.
    A bike is the only drug with no bad side effects....

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I would have thought more people would have showed up, of course most of us actually had to work today. I didn't make it home on the bike. Big fire right at the end of my shift kicked our asses. I ended up getting a ride.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    A little foggy this morning in E. PA, but spotted a nice red-headed woodpecker on the way in! Afternoon was warm and sunny.

mtbr member
    I didn't work today so I dropped one kid off at school and took the other out in the trailer, good to see so many bikes out. Took both kids to the "after bike to work day party" they had a fun time but dragging 100+lbs of kids and trailer back up hill to my house on a single speed was tuff.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by emtnate
    ... If the rain holds off until about 7pm it will be a perfect day for a ride.
    .... For anyone else in Fort Wayne...
    I'll bet you got rained on for the ride home!
    I did (Chicago suburbs) but I was prepared. Nice ride.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Well luckily a large house fire delayed the end of my shift and I missed the rain. Of course I was extremely hot, exhausted, and covered in soot, so I got a ride home from someone and left the bike in the station.

No-Brakes Cougar
    Clear skies here as well. Didn't stop by any of the "energizer" stations they had set-up around here in the Bay Area, Of course, I'd actually forgotten that it was BTWD! Like most of you, it's every day for me.
    R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio ~ July 10, 1942 May 16, 2010

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Did the 14mi one-way trip on the MTB Friday as the cross bike is still down. A buddy is in town for the weekend so we grabbed another friend and went to dinner and then drank beers and watched biking vids all night. Meanwhile, the third friend was installing his ultra sexy new XTR brakes and fully integrated shifters on his Giant Anthem. Good times.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpedaler
    nate, rolled up to the gathering where the mayor was reading the proclamation about OUR day about halfway through his recitation. Someone else there said they estimated about 40 people came and went, I saw about 20-25. Good vibe, good coffee (Starbucks furnished), good bagels (Bagel Station), and good weather. Wore the shirt all day.

A couple folks @ work said "Every day is Bike to Work day for YOU!" to me; they're right, of course, but they felt like they made a discovery.

Overall, a good day.
    I'd get the same reactions from my co-workers as I bike to work everyday (provided good weather from March through October), but sadly, I'll never hear it, because we never have a bike to work day here! I wonder how hard it would be to get one started...
    I need it up, you need it down. You don't see me complaining when you leave it down.

weirdo
    Quote Originally Posted by paqman
    I'd get the same reactions from my co-workers as I bike to work everyday (provided good weather from March through October), but sadly, I'll never hear it, because we never have a bike to work day here! I wonder how hard it would be to get one started...
    I think most places have community a organized thing, but I`d probably try first with my employer if I were interrested. Check out what this guy did on rbr- no pics, so you won`t be missing anything if you aren`t registered there.
    http://forums.roadbikereview.com/sho...d.php?t=172945
    In this case, there apparently was a community Ride To Work day, but he sure went all out where he works.

Members who have read this thread: 0