got me a new rig- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2007

got me a new rig

So i have been commuting this year on my se stout 29er and have been loving every minute of it but i wanted something a little more suited for road riding that would accept a larger gear in the front. So i found a great deal on a bianchi san jose on craiglist. now i have a bike with fenders and a rack that is a little faster than my mountain bike. my plan is to ride this bike 3 months out of the year and the stout will be my winter bike or for days when i just want to cruise. ill get some pics up later. I haven had a chance to ride yet this week because i burned my shoulders and chest severely over the 4th and am in a lot of pain.

Short-Change-Hero
    Very nice! Wish we had stuff like that show up on our CL for good prices. My favorite CL postings are the "Great Bike, Ready to Ride. $100 Firm" then you look at the pic and it is a 1990 Huffy/Schwinn/Mongoose bike..LOL

Or the other is some random, not necessarily working, "Vintage" 70's or 80's road bike that someone is trying to sell for $200+.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    CL is hit or miss, i check like 5 times a day....houston, austin, dallas and san antionio

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I find that you need to use something like craized list that searches multiple cities at once, but more importantly you need to know what your looking for and use search. Im willing to drive an hour or so if its a good deal.

Fat-tired Roadie
    Craig's List seems to have gotten worse. When I bought my commuter two years ago, it wasn't so bad - $100 for a mid-80s Raleigh Technium that just needed a new chain. Guy wasn't calling it vintage, either. Just old. Which is accurate.
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

No longer a hardtailkid.
    pics or it didnt happen
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonys
    Its still just the push of a button away...
    I am no longer a hardtailkid. 2012 Trek Remedy 9!

Short-Change-Hero
    LOL... this is what I am talking about we have to deal with around here... Unless I want to try and pick something up in Sacramento (about 2.5hrs away) I am stuck with Reno and the surrounding rurals including Tahoe..

http://reno.craigslist.org/bik/2483511036.html

Schwinn Super Sport Bicycle - $225
    70'S VINTAGE.........MADE IN CHICAGO--10 SPEED/ FENDERS
    GENERATOR LIGHTS, SPEEDOMETER
    GOOD CONDITION

Members who have read this thread: 0