Good bike computer app- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Good bike computer app

A few years ago I downloaded a bike app based on suggestions or recommendations I got from one of the forums here. I believe the app had the usual features that one would normally find on any decent bike computer, but it also included gps and mapping and the ability to show your route on the map. I've since gotten a new phone after my old one for some odd reason purged all my downloaded apps and deleted Google app store. So anyway does anyone have a good bike computer app that offers gps/maps? Of all the bikes I own, my commuter, the one I ride the most, has no computer to record distance ridden and all that statistics for trip planning and bragging rights and what not.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

CB of the East
    Nobody has said Strava yet? It does pretty much everything you asked about and if it doesn't it plays very well with others. There are dozens, maybe hundreds of other sites that can pull data from Strava.

mtbr member
    Yes, I've thought about Strava but really don't know much about it other than racers using it. There are so many apps for bikes that it's a bit overwhelming just choosing one. In addition to basic measurement features and gps, it has to he accurate. Some of the apps have reviews that state the app isn't all that accurate. Hoping some of you who use your smartphone as a bike computer can recommend what you're using.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

CB of the East
    The accuracy of the app would be limited by the accuracy of the GPS receiver in the phone. I think the reviews that state the the app isn't accurate are comparing them to a purpose made GPS receiver like a Garmin. People going for Strava KOMs want it to be accurate to the second and to the foot because that might be the difference in being first (Not that I would know anything about that). I'm not sure what kind of accuracy you are looking for but I'm pretty sure it would meet your needs.

I think it is limited on real time data. There might be other apps that give you more information.

I'd rather be on my bike
    Use Strava. There are other apps, but this one is at the top. I use it for tracking my mileage and for all of my bikes. You can really use as much or as little of the app as you want.
    The pedals turn, not just the left one, but the right one too.