Front rack on fork without eyelets- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Front rack on fork without eyelets

Ok, so I need to fit front rack on mtb fork that has no eyelets. This fork is RockShox XC 32:

https://www.bike24.com/1.php?content...6:5417::65:224

Do I have a solution that would look at all meaningfull?

Considering I need to fit mudguards as well maybe I am better just changing the fork

since 4/10/2009
    Your choices are limited.

Old Man Mountain Sherpa would work.

Old Man Mountain Front Pannier Racks For Any Bike

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I use this on my commuter with a fork. Secured with ubolts and quick release skewer. Journey Suspension & Disc Lowrider - Lowrider Racks - Racks - Products - Axiom Performance Gear

Positively negative
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by snailspace View Post
    I use this on my commuter with a fork. Secured with ubolts and quick release skewer. Journey Suspension & Disc Lowrider - Lowrider Racks - Racks - Products - Axiom Performance Gear
    I've installed two of those and wasn't really happy with either, in fact one came right back off. The QR likes to slip under braking, the u bolts are had to get adequately tight (and I have seen one snap), it's hard to get bags to fit well, and they make removing the wheel a huge pain. I generally like Axioms stuff but that thing is a miss.

Zefal also makes a suspension compatible rack, but if the bikes trail days are over I recommend switching to a rigid fork.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by big_papa_nuts View Post
    Zefal also makes a suspension compatible rack, but if the bikes trail days are over I recommend switching to a rigid fork.
    I also found this: Thule Pack ?n Pedal Tour Rack - Thule

but it doesnt suit my style

Looks like rigid fork will have to be the answer, especially taken into consideration how sexy this look like: tubus - Tara

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I use the axiom racks with respective panniers and have no issues carrying up to 15lbs a side without any issues. Ther's a D ring a the bottom for the hook and 2 tabs to prevent sliding around. The QR skewer provides the load bearing. Only drawback is you have to remove the skewer for flats or tire changes. I chose the axiom as I would strictly be using panniers.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by snailspace View Post
    I use the axiom racks with respective panniers and have no issues carrying up to 15lbs a side without any issues. Ther's a D ring a the bottom for the hook and 2 tabs to prevent sliding around. The QR skewer provides the load bearing. Only drawback is you have to remove the skewer for flats or tire changes. I chose the axiom as I would strictly be using panniers.
    Do you know will it fit Ortlieb panniers?

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    The axiom panniers I have a hook on the bottom that attaches to really any spot, and can be moved up depending on rack height. 2 hooks on top secure pannier to top. Bungee cord can be adjusted for appropriate tension. So if you have something similar it should work. Hope the pic of the pannier gives you an idea. Front rack on fork without eyelets-020.jpg