Found any roadside treasure on yer commute? - Page 2- Mtbr.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    mtbr member

Found any roadside treasure on yer commute?

I've yet to find anything cool on my commute. Maybe one day.

Tradere Scriptura Magister
    Bourbon: Because no good story ever started with "So, there we were eating salads".

Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    Pair of sunglasses, work gloves and a disc golf frisbee.
    Let's make like a Bike and get the Huck outta here...

Moderator Moderator
    ^^ Wow, an actual pair of work gloves? I see so many singles, I feel like I should collect them. Funny, I found a disc last fall too... The dead bird was what's called a "partridge" around here, or ruffed grouse more formally... Nice finds Bedwards... I ran right over a dime the other day without stopping and felt really bad.

mtbr member
    ^^ The chance to actually stop on a dime! Stuff of legend! Might have memorized the spot for a shot the next day if still there.

Moderator Moderator
    ^^Good one BrianMc

Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbxplorer View Post
    ^^ Wow, an actual pair of work gloves? I see so many singles, I feel like I should collect them. Funny, I found a disc last fall too... The dead bird was what's called a "partridge" around here, or ruffed grouse more formally... Nice finds Bedwards... I ran right over a dime the other day without stopping and felt really bad.
    I saw one glove first and thought "What are the odds I'd find" and there it was about a 100ft down the road. The matching glove. Go figure...
    Let's make like a Bike and get the Huck outta here...

Moderator Moderator
    With the snowbanks slowly receding, I have been keeping any eye out for treasure other than the usual car parts and beverage containers. Yesterday I found one of those handy 4-way screwdrivers in the gutter. Particularly handy since I have not seen mine in over a year. Spring must be here!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Found any roadside treasure on yer commute?-p1030673-1024x768-.jpg  

Found any roadside treasure on yer commute?-p1030674-1024x768-.jpg  

Moderator Moderator
    A gold coin.

Too bad it is a commemorative Walleye collectors coin from the North American Fishing Club.

CB of the East
    With the snowbanks slowly receding, I have been keeping any eye out for treasure other than the usual car parts and beverage containers. Yesterday I found one of those handy 4-way screwdrivers in the gutter. Particularly handy since I have not seen mine in over a year. Spring must be here!
    Maybe it's yours.

Those things are wicked handy to have in the kitchen drawer.

Bedwards Of The West
    I found a pair of gloves once and picked them up... got home and my backpack reeked! They were from the Kerosene/heating oil truck...
    You have no excuse for driving to work
    (unless you don't have studded tires)
    (no excuse for that either)

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bedwards1000 View Post
    Maybe it's yours.
    Nope. But if you find one with a clear handle, that one is mine.

mtbr member
    Mine looked just like that with white paint on the handle and everything. It is AWOL from the kitchen drawer, but it would have had to have been lost and found a few times to get to Vermont. But then, it was left by a furnace tech here, so wasn't really mine. The smaller flat had a slight twist from over torquing. An interesting story thread could be generated by a tool's journey with a number of temporary owners, each loosing it and taking it all over the planet.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Not sure if this qualifies - recently I spotted one of my stolen bikes locked up in front of a bar on my daily route. About 5 years ago, I'd left it unlocked while in a liquor store (silly me). I was at the cash and saw the opportunist get on and ride off. I gave chase, but it was hopeless. I cursed my stupidity, taking solace in the knowledge it was only the beater. Only the best one so far. Seeing it again 5 years later, virtually unchanged (SPDs gone for flats), I certainly didn't want it back. Maybe the bottle cage.

Moderator Moderator
    ^^ Sure does! Kind if appropriate that it was lost at a liquor store and found at a bar.

Tonight...only in "Mont-peculiar" VT?? ...I spotted a full pineapple on the paved shoulder, sans leaves, and balanced perfectly upside down. I am now disappointed I did not stop for pix or to check out the "freegan/dumpstervore" possibilities.

mtbr member

Tools

I find lots of tools....Tuesday, I found a good 210z hammer...last week, found a new set of jumper cables....so far the best find; a Snap-on ratchet with extension....Oh, and a great glass pipe....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jack in the matrix View Post
    - recently I spotted one of my stolen bikes locked up in front of a bar on my daily route. ... Seeing it again 5 years later, virtually unchanged (SPDs gone for flats), I certainly didn't want it back. Maybe the bottle cage.
    *** I might have been tempted to let the air out of the tires. A minimal payback for the pain the theft caused.

mtbr member
    Found a big diamond once. Took it to someone to see what it was worth, the dudes eyes got really big when he saw it but sunk to normal when he put in his monocle and said it was cubic zirconia. About 1/4" diameter and looks real, nice a fiery.

Moderator Moderator
    Uh-oh. I hope a bike did not fall off the bus along with this key bike-securing part from the bus' bike rack.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Found any roadside treasure on yer commute?-busrack.jpg  

CB of the East
    Stopped to inspect a ratcheting tiedown this morning but it had already been run over a few too many times to bother with.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I don't think I've ever found anything but a friend of mine always finds some really crazy stuff. The two most recent are an iPad and $330 cash. The ipad was nearly new in a nice case and returned to the doc that drove away with it on the roof.

CB of the East
    SCORE! I found a Giant combination bike lock on my way in. The lock was open so I could reset the combination. It was in really good shape with no road rash or nuthin. It was with the mangled remains of what appeared to be some kind of car carrier.Found any roadside treasure on yer commute?-2014-06-20-09.33.39.jpg

Moderator Moderator
    ^^That's ridiculously lucky!

Moderator Moderator
    Found any roadside treasure on yer commute?-p1040402.jpg

Back in the Saddle Again
    I found a set of keys. Checked in at the closest store to them to see if anyone called in about them. Tried to see if the local dealership knew how to find the owner by the fob serial number with no success.
    Live, Learn, and Upgrade when possible.
    ----------------
    2009 Jamis Venture Sport SS (Ratbike)
    2013 Surly 1X1 Polo bike
    2009 Globe Vienna (Mule)

29er and 26er
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by MaddCelt View Post
    I found a set of keys. Checked in at the closest store to them to see if anyone called in about them. Tried to see if the local dealership knew how to find the owner by the fob serial number with no success.
    As a kid I once found a garage door opener and rode up and down my street pressing the button to find the house it belonged. After about 20 minutes one I found the house. It was around the corner from where I was riding. I was driving the lady who lived there crazy. She was wondering how her door was opening and closing all by its self.

You could have done the same thing waiting for the car to beep at you if you had the time and if it were close.

Moderator Moderator
    Seriously considering starting a gas cap collection, given the number of them I see on the side of the road. Yesterday - yes, in July - a pair of winter gloves were in the road. I might have stopped if it was colder, or if one wasn't on the center line of a busy road, or if I didn't already own more than I can wear.

CB of the East

Treasure Indeed

I found a treasure chest! OK, it was a plastic piggy bank but that's the same idea. It had 76 cents in it. I've passed by it for 3 days and I knew it was worth stopping. Honestly, I was hoping for a little bit more.

Found any roadside treasure on yer commute?-20140730_084655.jpg

my church is the woods
    On my commute last week I rolled by a white envelope on the curb near a school. I turned around an picked it up, hoping for $$. It was unopened, no postage or address, just a first name. So I opened it and it was a graduation card with $50 cash inside.
    Later that day my wife calls and says she was driving our (only) car, and it's not running right. I rode to pick it up after work, quickly searched the problem and figured out it was most likely an ignition coil causing the misfiring. I rode to the auto parts store, got the ignition coil, with tax it was $50. Took it back and fixed the engine problem. Good Carma!

CB of the East

Lots of treasures

-Keys to a Pontiac (remote start, and all) Couldn't find the car.
    -A sweet Gerber lock blade.
    Found any roadside treasure on yer commute?-20140915_200441.jpg
    Deadman tether to a Jetski - tossed, I really didn't need one.

I've been passing an open padlock and maybe a change purse, may need to investigate.

It seems like there has been more but I forget.

mtbr member
    Found any roadside treasure on yer commute?-dohwalmart.jpgI saw/found a treasure on my commute weeks ago...been meaning to stop and snap a pic, here it is.
    GoatRidesBikes.com
    Goat Rides Bikes @ YouTube
    "I may be old and fat, but at least I'm slow." - Me

I need skills
    Jul 2004
    I've found 3 knives over the past few years.

CB of the East
    In the last few days:
    - 1100lb ratcheting tiedown in good working order.
    - Reflective Vest - very reflective. My lights caught it in ditch and I was drawn to it like a moth.
    - Nylon case for a tent - In better shape than most of my nylon cases for tents.
    - 2 black rubber bungies.

Natural Born Killer
    I found a full roll of 16" fiberglass insulation. I went back for it with my truck when I got home. I snagged this after passing it the first time. Usually I ride past an item 3 or 4 times before I decide/remember to pick it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrufryder View Post
    Silly rabbit Jack Daniel drinking donkey kissing caterpiller

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    That has been the downfall of many roadside treasures for me... Always crushed when I get to them.

CB of the East
    Spotted these in the dark on my way home last night. 4 of them were scattered on the shoulder but still there. It looks like 1 bit has been used, otherwise they are brandy new. I'm thinking somewhere in the range of a $20 find.
    Found any roadside treasure on yer commute?-bits.jpg

Bedwards Of The West
    Bedwards, you are killing it on the finds lately! I haven't looked at this thread in a while.

mtbr member
    Here's the swag from my ride in this AM.

1/4" Mac Ratchet.

I find a lot of tools at this intersection. It's adjacent to a freeway onramp near a big uhaul repair/rental depot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Found any roadside treasure on yer commute?-img_20150107_110748.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Check this one out. I found it at my wife's work on my way home a couple weeks ago. Her boss saw the guy back into another car, destroying his rack, pull forward, then take the rack off and toss it right where he stood, then drove off.

$50 bucks in parts and it's as good as it was before.

Last edited by Ninja Turtle; 01-07-2015 at 05:44 PM.

Bedwards Of The West
    ^^Those are really expensive racks!! Dang!

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Yeah, I'm lucky I found it when I did too. Her boss was about to take it to the dump.

CB of the East
    Wow Ninja, that trumps my lock, drill bits, wallet, alcoholic beverages & everything else I've picked up over the years.

mtbr member
    Found any roadside treasure on yer commute?-28-1805.jpg

Laying on the rumble strip. Not an expensive bike rack, but a Li-ion trouble light is a decent find. I have a universal charger.

weirdo
    Bumping my favorite from way back this thread. It`s something about the look on the deer`s face that still busts me up, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryball View Post

Had no way of securing it to the rack.
    Recalculating....

mtbr member

Trash Day

Had video of the find:

The battery reports as too low to be safely charged. It will need to be disassembled to recycle the battery anyway, so I will check it and may replace it.

turtles make me hot
    Three weeks ago, I had recovered enough from my broken ankle to start walking my dog before work. I found two twenty dollar bills on the ground a few blocks from my house.
    I used them toward a new floor pump.
    I like turtles

Moderator Moderator

mtbr member
    Not your usual bike path find. Quite unusual. My female relatives at that stage of life don't get out much.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    I have found money a few times, found a pair of surgical scissors, a few tools, roadkill(left it there) I once found a live possum, in the dark, with my front wheel at about 20 mph... roadrashed my shoulder, ear and the side of my face... there was blood on my clothes, my bike, my gloves and my face of course....people at work flipped out when they saw me come in....they sent me to the ER...lol
    97 specialized rockhopper.- urban beater
    2013 GT aggressor 3.0- urban assault vehicle

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Kuat sells EVERY part to fix those, too. Too bad they can't supply REI with entire racks. My order got cancelled after waiting 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Turtle View Post
    Check this one out. I found it at my wife's work on my way home a couple weeks ago. Her boss saw the guy back into another car, destroying his rack, pull forward, then take the rack off and toss it right where he stood, then drove off.

$50 bucks in parts and it's as good as it was before.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rodar y rodar View Post
    Bumping my favorite from way back this thread. It`s something about the look on the deer`s face that still busts me up, I think.
    Man, I wish I had been able to strap that thing somehow. lol

Moderator Moderator
    Found this by the curb this morning.......
    Ooh, some Canadian money blew over the VT border!
    Found any roadside treasure on yer commute?-p1060488-1280x960-.jpg

Ugh, the back side is a little disturbing...Klan-like + bowtie???
    Found any roadside treasure on yer commute?-p1060489-1280x960-.jpg

Oops, this was for another thread, but go with the flow...
    New demo bike in the lobby at work for a few weeks - not sure if this has to do with our landlord being deemed a "bicycle friendly business", marketing, or what. Hope to sign out the key and try it this week (you have to return it same day though).

Found any roadside treasure on yer commute?-p1060484-1280x960-.jpg

Found any roadside treasure on yer commute?-p1060486-960x1280-.jpg

Found any roadside treasure on yer commute?-p1060487-1280x960-.jpg

Found any roadside treasure on yer commute?-p1060485-1280x960-.jpg

CB of the East
    ^^You going to try it?

I fount a nice large hose clamp (dryer vent size). I mostly figured that picking it up would be better than running it over one of these mornings.

Moderator Moderator
    ^^The solar/e-bike is crazy fast - once we figured out how to turn it on - went out to try it with some coworkers today. Before my turn it had to be taken to an evening event but it will be back, and reportedly some more off-the-shelf models too. This one appears to be more of a one-off project bike. I was told the solar panel will charge the battery about 25% on a sunny day, but you can also plug it in and get regen from braking (& pedaling?). I did not try the Canadian counterfeit dollar.

CB of the East

Funny Story

I started typing this here but I quickly realized it was blog worthy material.
    The Candid Cyclist: Funny Story

mtbr member
    Not exactly treasure but useful nonetheless. In the car park of my local Halfords I found a bottle bolt mount for a minipump. Not sure how anyone lost this as it was intact. My gain tho' as I can now swap the pump between bikes without having to move the holder.

CB of the East
    Useful = Treasure.

I've found another phone since my last post but it was battery-less and I had no way to figure out it's owner. On a more useful note, I found a very nice sponge, terry coated, good for washing bikes (and cars I suppose). I saw another ice sponge yesterday but I was too far from home to want to carry it, and I already had a sponge.

Moderator Moderator
    ^^Is "ice sponge" some new Mainah lingo, or did you find another "nice sponge"?

CB of the East
    If you leave 'em in the yahd for the winta, ya get 'n ice sponge.

I passed the opportunity for a bike helmet today. I didn't see a mangled bike or cyclist near it.

Moderator Moderator
    Just a washcloth and stinky sock on offer here today, although Mr. Potatohead parts are still kicking around weeks later - I'm starting to think he needs a proper burial.

CB of the East
    How do you know the sock was stinky?

mtbr member
    Just a washcloth and stinky sock on offer here today, although Mr. Potatohead parts are still kicking around weeks later - I'm starting to think he needs a proper burial.
    I agree on Bedwards' question....
    and be glad it's just Mr Potatohead and not Chucky.

I found sunglasses today. I have two already so I gave them to my wife, she likes them

mtbr member
    How do you know the sock was stinky?
    A ring of dead insects about 6" from it, birds falling from the sky, and nausea shortly after riding past it? Those would be good clues.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Just found a 5/8 craftsman wrench

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bedwards Of The West
    I started typing this here but I quickly realized it was blog worthy material.
    The Candid Cyclist: Funny Story
    ^^ that's great! Funny stuff.

CB of the East
    I found a fleece blanket. Normally you would think a roadside blanket might not be desirable, I was thinking dog bedding, but this was super clean. It must have just landed there from somebodies laundry.

I've got my eye on some nice looking rope and a black rubber bungie. I haven't committed to stopping yet.

mtbr member
    Found a new leatherman Wave.
    Mavic wheel and tire sans skewer. (Someone was bummed when they got home...)
    Gas can.
    Axe handle.
    Numerous ratchets and wrenches.
    "Be what you is and not what you is not. Folks that is what they is, is the happiest lot."

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    On my way to work today I found a Serfas USL-TL60 Taillight. Noticed it from quite a distance on the side of the road and still blinking. Wish I had a way to find the owner but it appears to have popped off of the quick slide mount and they probably didn't notice until they got to their destination. I wonder how long it had been there?

Bedwards Of The West
    ^^ You could put up a little sign near there with an email address or something. haha. probably a regular commuter that passes by there.

I'd rather be on my bike
    Found Sunday on my commute to work smack dab in the middle of the bike lane. I just happened to look down at this funny looking leaf, and proceeded to hit my brakes, turn around and pick this up:

I quickly realized that leaves don't have numbers on them. I turned it into the lost and found. You lost it, I found it. Money on the street is open season if you ask me. It could have been there 5 minutes or 5 days for all I know. So thank you to whomever paid for my Chinese take out we ordered at work that night.
    The pedals turn, not just the left one, but the right one too.

mtbr member
    Here's a mystery item I picked up yesterday. I just about didn't pick this up as I didn't know what it was and was briefly worried it might be un-exploded ordinance. Then I thought that's exactly the sort of thing I'd want to have anyways.

It's about 5-6" in length and 4" in diameter and is two piece construction. Solid metal, not sure what kind (I haven't put a magnet to it), it weighs a lot, close to 40 lbs by my guess, one end is threaded and there some internal passage ways from the open end.

Total mystery as to what it is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Found any roadside treasure on yer commute?-img_20150923_152057.jpg  

Found any roadside treasure on yer commute?-img_20150923_152106.jpg  

turtles make me hot
    I have no clue what that is but it's pretty cool. I can't wait til someone who knows chimes in.
    I like turtles

CB of the East
    Wow, that is a weird one. It looks like it could be some kind of shower head/sprinkler but 40lbs! Really?

mtbr member
    I think I figured it out. It's a pipe descaler for BIG pipes.

The one below is for 3/4" pipes:

3/4? Drain Jetter Power Nozzle 35/30 Split | Abtech Nozzles

mtbr member

CB of the East
    Looks like you have a valuable item to list on ebay.

I found a hunter orange bandanna, new in package. Price tag: $2

mtbr member
    ^^ They don't exactly give them away! Likely lost by the local municipal sanitation department. Might consider giving them a call?

mtbr member
    well i have found a whole array of things on my commute..wrenches sockets a real nice hammer.. but i have lost a few things also but luckily i found one of them.. it was a $100 winning lottery ticket..i had to back track the 5 miles i just rode and 1/2 back i found it on a lawn..most recent find was yesterday and it was a 1/2 to 3/8 converter extension craftsman

mtbr member
    Found a padded cap with ear flaps today. Might become handy this winter.

A while ago I also found a VW logo that apparently fell off a car. Fits the current news reports concerning their engineering quality :8

mtbr member
    I found someone's credit card yesterday. Went on a shopping spree and got all kinds of goodies...

Kidding. Called in and canceled the card for the card holder and cut it up. I was tempted, though...

Bedwards Of The West
    That jet nozzle thing is a trip. bummer that it's probably been cleaning poo out of sewer lines for a few years. Were you wearing your gloves?

CB of the East
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclingdutchman View Post
    Found a padded cap with ear flaps today. Might become handy this winter.
    I've found a nice Columbia had that I still wear

A while ago I also found a VW logo that apparently fell off a car. Fits the current news reports concerning their engineering quality :8
    Yup, I've found a VW Logo too. The large circular one that goes on a VW Bug. That thing kicked around our kitchen for YEARS - Hmmm, I'm thinking Halloween costume

Quote Originally Posted by blockphi View Post
    I found someone's credit card yesterday. Went on a shopping spree and got all kinds of goodies...

Kidding. Called in and canceled the card for the card holder and cut it up. I was tempted, though...
    Yup, been there, done that too.

Most recently, I found a very nice apple 35 miles into a hard 50 mile ride. It was the best apple I've had all year. OK, it was actually theft but not quite as bad a going on a shopping spree with a found credit card. Damn that apple was good. Similar to Honeycrisp. The tree was loaded.

mtbr member
    ^ If the tree overhung the road right of way, it might not be considered theft.

mtbr member

commute treasure

Found a nice G-SHOCK watch today in excellent condition....

looks like someone left it on top of their car and drove off.

Moderator Moderator
    ^^Nice! I stopped today on the hill to breathe and check out a tire pressure gauge I had seen for a few days. It was a high quality unit that went over 100 psi, but was busted.

mtbr member

Found any roadside treasure on yer commute?

Found any roadside treasure on yer commute?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1449592963.123520.jpg
    Found a lifetime supply of new dust masks.
    All set for my honey-do list!

Bedwards Of The West
    ^

a lifetime supply of anything is good I guess.

CB of the East
    Sweet find on the dust masks. Recently I've found:
    A pair of rubberized work gloves - might actually be a good waterproof riding glove option
    A bag of wonderbread hotdog rolls - brought it home and fed it to the chickens, they loved it.
    A pair of flip-flops - not your dollar store variety, nice ones.
    (seems like there was one more thing)

Yeah!
    One of the neighborhoods I ride through to avoid main roads s a lot nicer than the one I live in, and their trash day is Tuesday...

Four years into the route, these people throw away nothing that isn't trashed. I stopped looking as I ride a long time ago.

One night this summer, I'm headed home when an odd skip that had been occurring at the cassette for a few days turns into a full on constant problem, and I pull. Turns out my ingenious thought that I've probably been cranking the retainer nut way too hard for no reason for thirty years were wrong. It came loose in just four days.

Cassette barely held on, I start to pull away. As I slowly accelerate past the next driveway, I see a (mostly) stainless grill beside the garbage cans. I lhink "meh", though my grill dates to the 80's, has gone through four burners, and one of the valves was starting to act up.

An hour later, I'm in the garage wondering where the hell are my Oakley's. I pulled my gear off the bike and was in the house before I realized I couldn't remember taking them off. I wasted thirty minutes searching for them before I realized the last thing I did before fiddling with my helmet as I was preparing to pull away from my roadside repair was to set them on my seat.

Twenty minute drive, I'm back at the scene of my stupidity. They were right where I knocked them off into the street. They had not been run over, and the runners and walkers hadn't spotted them in the dim morning sky.

I turn around, and drive past that driveway again. The grill looks better in my headlights, but won't fit in the back. I think about it during the drive back.

I rush back with the trailer and the garbage truck is grabbing the cans at the house where I fixed my drivetrain, and hits the grill house next. I grab the grill and get the hell out of his way.

Not a great grill (Brinkman), but the stainless lid cleaned up great, and the thermometer and self ignition works. It has a side burner which my old grill did not have, and the grilling surface is about 30% larger. The burners and valves are in great condition. Love it.

The previous owner apparently prefers to throw grills away instead of cleaning them. Had to take it to a car wash for some high pressure spraying to get the gobs of grease and carbon out of it, but it was worth it. Almost no rust. A number of loose bolts that I remedied with nylock nuts I always have on hand. About two and a half decades newer than my old grill.
    I will suffer no butt-hurt fools!

weirdo
    ^^Score! You inspired me to start watching more closely on garbage day (tomorrow). Maybe I should hitch up Bob tonight for good measure.
    Recalculating....

Moderator Moderator
    Nice find Flamingtaco, did they leave you any propane for it? I have found absolutely nothing of use lately...bypassed half a badminton racket and a nearly new granny smith apple, that's about it.

CB of the East
    ^^Define "nearly" new. Missing a bite or showing some age?

I passed by a hubcap that would fit my truck but I already have a spare.

turtles make me hot
    I agree^^^ Awesome... Only thing is, the Nylok nuts are gonna melt.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NYrr496 View Post
    I agree^^^ Awesome... Only thing is, the Nylok nuts are gonna melt.
    Hey nice signature, you wouldn't happen to be a former NYF member would you?

turtles make me hot
    Quote Originally Posted by cgrutt View Post
    Hey nice signature, you wouldn't happen to be a former NYF member would you?
    Nope. I don't even know what that is.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NYrr496 View Post
    Nope. I don't even know what that is.
    Sorry my bad. It's a gun forum. Another guy with same signature and avatar used to be an active member there.

turtles make me hot
    Quote Originally Posted by cgrutt View Post
    Sorry my bad. It's a gun forum. Another guy with same signature and avatar used to be an active member there.
    Wow. What a coincidence.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Way to score a sweet grill!!

I found a 7th generation IPOD nano that had been run over a couple of times. Basically it works fine with bluetooth and 16GB capacity. But the screen is fairly cracked. $10 bucks for a new screen off EBAY and good as new!

I also found a go pro knock off a while back. Someone was using it as a moto helmet cam and it the mount adhesive failed.

It is a 1080P with wifi and 32 GB card. It took me a few (commute) days to find all the parts but now it's complete except the battery lid. But since it came with the water proof housing that part isn't really needed.

mtbr member
    This week I found a ring of keys still in a trunk lock. I took them to the nearest house and handed them to the elderly resident. She was thrilled nearly to the point of tears. That was a treasured moment.
    Last edited by stingray; 12-17-2015 at 10:26 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    This week I found a ring of keys still in the trunk lock. I took them to the closest house and handed them to the elderly resident. She was thrilled nearly to the point tears. That was a treasured moment.
    That's awesome!

Moderator Moderator
    Bypassed a massive pipe wrench recently - I was too lazy to stop in the snow/cold, and to carry an extra 10 pounds. Of course as soon as I passed it by, I was sure I would have pipe trouble.

mtbr member
    I spotted a stainless steel kitchen sink on the side of someone's house who was remodeling. I asked if I could have it for my vegetable washing station in my garden. I did not carry it home on the bike -- I came back later with the car (what wimp).

mtbr member
    I lost a screw-in stud from my clipless shoes once in the desert. I found the stud a few months later & screwed it back into my shoe.

CB of the East
    ^^Maybe you should pickup a powerball ticket since finding a screw in the desert seems about as likely.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Found any roadside treasure on yer commute?-13247918_10153710937006242_2866694375935209183_o.jpg

weirdo
    ^^To go with breakfast burrito?
    More Deer Head!
    Recalculating....

since 4/10/2009
    I found a lemonade stand run by a bunch of kids today on my ride home. Refreshing after a long day at work.

CB of the East
    I found a 1/3 full bag of Extra Super Large Campfire Marshmallows. They were still soft but I passed.

mtbr member
    I found a DVD. "Black Chicks That Ride The White Meat". Gotta love the use of the word "that".....so as to fully objectify the women. And my mom in law saw it and gave me a very unpleasant stare. I tried to explain but soon just gave up. My wife laughed at all of this. My mom in law not so much.
    "...the virus is all part of the plan to take down the cabal, man! The Bushies, and the oBamas. On the reals!" - anonymous

We (my dog and I) pick-up two miles of county road. Lots of useless broken crap. On the ride home I really focus on wildlife on the trail (really the best treasure) and wild fruit when it's in season (wild plums, mulberrys and occasionally mushrooms).

Bedwards Of The West
    I've been seeing this metal thing for about a month down the 6 or 7 foot drop beyond the shoulder of the road... I have an irrigation ditch running through my property and I've been kicking around options for making a little foot bridge so I don't have to keep jumping over the thing. This hunk of metal looked close to the right size, so I finally stopped in the Jeep the other day to check it out. It was a super heavy steel rear gate thing for a trailer of some kind... maybe 2 feet by 5 feet. It was all I could do to lug it up to the shoulder of the road and into the Jeep... heavy. Easiest bridge I ever built.

turtles make me hot
    And free. Can't beat that.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    tools. i think mechanics leave ratchets and sockets in engine compartments and they get scattered..

funny, i find mostly 1/4" 1/4" drive sockets..i dont even pick them up anymore.
    Santa Cruz 5010 C
    Surly Crosscheck.

mtbr member
    I was just thinking that I hadn't found anything good in a while and bang! Another pair of SnapOn pliers! This pair is in nice shape too! Hasn't even been run over.

Found any roadside treasure on yer commute?-img_20160629_153411.jpg

sofa king awsm
    Sep 2008
    Porta-potty. Just in time. Used it. Bless construction zones!
    Hot lunch is cooking in my saddlebag.

Moderator Moderator
    Nothing good lately...bypassed a coloring book this morning - kids throw the darndest things out the window! Stopped at a Pilot pen (my favorite), but it was jacked, so I left it behind. Should have stopped for the striped eggplant in the gutter, but I was going uphill.

Class Clown
    i find all sorts of metal and glass and the best part is i don't even have to stop, my tires pick them up for me!

mtbr member
    I found two bucks yesterday. Over the years of walking and riding, I've easily found over a hundred dollars in coins and bills.
    Found any roadside treasure on yer commute?-photo-jul-05-15-05-39.jpg

sofa king awsm
    Sep 2008
    Well look at the pro. Gettin' paid to ride.

I saw a crashed ufo the other day. I tried to take a picture of it but my phone suddenly lost power. It was weird. In hindsight it might have been a drone. It was in Roswell, NM though so....

turtles make me hot
    Quote Originally Posted by specialev View Post
    I was just thinking that I hadn't found anything good in a while and bang! Another pair of SnapOn pliers! This pair is in nice shape too! Hasn't even been run over.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160629_153411.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	135.9 KB 
ID:	1079415
    That's a really nice find. If I remember right, those are like 60 bucks.
    I like turtles

sofa king awsm
    Sep 2008
    Name:  3454d457ec44fc22b85291222c032197.jpg
Views: 1143
Size:  9.2 KB

sofa king awsm
    Sep 2008
    Ok, I feel kind of bad about posting that. And I apologize.

turtles make me hot
    Sheeeeit... If I would have found that, I would have posted it.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    As long as it isnt politics or religion

CB of the East
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Bluth View Post
    Ok, I feel kind of bad about posting that. And I apologize.
    Really can't make out what it is. Grilled mermaid?

mtbr member
    Nebraska quarter, tails side up.

Found any roadside treasure on yer commute?-nebraska-quarter.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Found this knife and this bag. Found the knife a few weeks ago, but its still sitting on my desk at work. Just found the bag today

The bag is actually fairly cool, has 2 big zippered pockets with a divider and a bunch of small organizational pockets on the back. I might start using it for tools for the travel bike.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Found any roadside treasure on yer commute?-unspecified.jpg  

Last edited by rashidkpc; 09-01-2016 at 07:34 AM.

mtbr member
    Found what appears to be a new jogger's Adidas cap.Found any roadside treasure on yer commute?-adidas.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    This ~7" pair of vice grips
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Found any roadside treasure on yer commute?-photo-sep-01-07-32-06.jpg  

weirdo
    I just found a plier. If I ever have to pull half a tooth I`ll be all set.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Found any roadside treasure on yer commute?-p9025370.jpg  

Recalculating....

CB of the East
    I bet the other half isn't far away.

honez1414
    Jan 2011
    A brand new Penn tennis ball. The kiddos thought it was the coolest thing ever. Still bouncing off the walls through the house.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

sofa king awsm
    Sep 2008
    The corpse of the last snail who thought he could outrun me.

turtles make me hot
    Walking my dog, I found a registration for a pickup truck two towns over. Guess I could mail it to the guy. Has his address on it.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Brand new craftsman 1/2" drive ratchet. Couple o dings, but still nice. Win.

CB of the East
    Easy enough to carry. Got some strange looks. Didn't do much for my aerodynamics. Warm though. Could be useful in Florida today.
    Found any roadside treasure on yer commute?-media.jpg

Moderator Moderator
    ^^ Hilarious! Might have to wear one in the next downpour, just for laughs and goodwill.

Straight out tha traila
    Easy enough to carry. Got some strange looks. Didn't do much for my aerodynamics. Warm though. Could be useful in Florida today.
    Keep it for your frozen lake crossings this winter just in case!
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    some weird crazed desert dweller.

Quote Originally Posted by leeboh View Post
    Brand new craftsman 1/2" drive ratchet. Couple o dings, but still nice. Win.
    Use it 'til it breaks then get your warranty replacement. I buy some good tools and some cheap tools, but if I know it might break it comes from craftsman (unless I need a really good one then I buy a snap-on).

Straight out tha traila
    Quote Originally Posted by Forster View Post
    Use it 'til it breaks then get your warranty replacement. I buy some good tools and some cheap tools, but if I know it might break it comes from craftsman (unless I need a really good one then I buy a snap-on).
    Yep Craftsman still has the lifetime warranty right? I've gotten a few sockets replaced in the past, easy peasy!

CB of the East
    Quote Originally Posted by EugeneTheJeep View Post
    Keep it for your frozen lake crossings this winter just in case!
    People have recommended that I wear one even before I posted this pic.

Quote Originally Posted by EugeneTheJeep View Post
    Yep Craftsman still has the lifetime warranty right? I've gotten a few sockets replaced in the past, easy peasy!
    I was in Sears and the salesman told me that Craftsman stopped making tape measures because people would buy 1 and break it to get a free replacement when the blade wore out.

mtbr member
    Ok since I am a paddler I unfortunately have to tell you that that thing is not so good. It is missing a strap that goes between your legs to prevent it popping over your head when you fall in the water.

And concerning your cycling over the ice: It will help you but even better would be a long ladder, because that will enable you to crawl back onto the ice. When you are totally in the water it will be -very- hard to get out by yourself. Best would be to carry a climbing axt like people use to climb icewalls or something.

I have something on-topic too:
    Found a helmet in the toilet for handicapped people at work where I always change. I took in into my office and put up a note, guy came to pick it up 2hrs later and was thankful that I took care of it. We cyclists have to stick together

CB of the East
    Ok since I am a paddler I unfortunately have to tell you that that thing is not so good. It is missing a strap that goes between your legs to prevent it popping over your head when you fall in the water.
    Not only that but it is uncomfortable as **** to paddle on one of those stupid things. That's the kind of life jacket that gets stored in an inaccessible place to keep you legal. Most of our boating is in sit on kayaks where jumping off and swimming is part of the day.

And concerning your cycling over the ice: It will help you but even better would be a long ladder, because that will enable you to crawl back onto the ice. When you are totally in the water it will be -very- hard to get out by yourself. Best would be to carry a climbing axt like people use to climb icewalls or something.
    I think a ladder would kill my chance at any KOMs. I'm counting on the flotation of the fatbike tires.!! When I'm skating on unknown ice I carry these: https://www.amazon.com/Frabill-Delux.../dp/B004D1PUTS

mtbr member
    Ok I should have known that you take care bedwards

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Found a licence plate on my commute. I propped it up so the owner could see it. A couple days later I realised that the one of my trailer was missing, I had gone to the dump the week before. And yes it was still there.

mtbr member
    I came upon a BBQ with a free sign. I could not pass it up -- it looked like it had been used just once. What a find! I almost bought a Weber Smokey Joe last summer, but balked when I saw the price tag. I was going to come back later and pick it up with the car, but was not sure it would be there when I returned. Because it had a latch that locked the lid I grabbed the handle and pedaled home.

Found any roadside treasure on yer commute?-bbq.jpg

Moderator Moderator
    ^^Nice find, and tricky transport, Stingray!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post
    I found a lemonade stand run by a bunch of kids today on my ride home. Refreshing after a long day at work.
    Is that...Ice T?

LOL.
    Bikes, lots'o bikes

mtbr member
    Not sure if another cyclist dropped this but found this on the side of the road. Seems a bit excessive as part of your carry kit.

Found any roadside treasure on yer commute?-2016-06-21-21.22.10.jpg
    Bikes, lots'o bikes

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    My commute route takes me right by a mini-storage. Just down the road is the best spot for roadsaide treasures. Apparently folks put small and odd stuff on the top of their car or on the fender of their trailer and forgetfully drive out of the mini storage. Have come home with tackle boxes, complete with beer inside, fly rods, sports equipment, many tools, backpacks, flashlights, purses and wallets (which I attempt to reunite with owner) and lots of other odds and ends.

In another life I worked construction mostly on interstates. Best spot for treasure is the ditch alongside on ramps. Lots of stuff gets shaken off trucks and vehicles as they accelerate and merge onto the freeway. When I was young and very poor I filled my tool box this way at a particular good spot on Interstate 5 in California at some desolate spot called Kettleman City.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    $470 in a bank envelope with a deposit slip. I gave it back and sometimes wish I had kept it.

mtbr member
    Yesterday morning I almost hit a piece of metal. I stopped and walked back to throw it away. When I had it in my hands it looked familiar...turns out it is a seatpost clamp! How on earth do you loose that without noticing it??

CB of the East
    Magnetic amber safety flasher in good working order. Although I wouldn't trust the magnet based on it being on the side of the road.
    Found any roadside treasure on yer commute?-capture.jpg

mtbr member
    That'll be handy for when you get a puncture
    2018 commutes - 26 days, 542 miles

sofa king awsm
    Sep 2008
    Unexploded North Korean Nuclear Missile. Didn't bother trying to bring it with me.

sofa king awsm
    Sep 2008
    Unexploded North Korean Nuclear Missile. Didn't bother trying to bring it with me.
    False alarm. It was a work boot.

Wierdo
    Dec 2005
    This morning at about 5:20 am I came across a really nice baby stroller, folded down, just sitting on the side of the road getting wet in the rain. Nobody was around. I left it because:

1. It's hard to carry a baby stroller on a bike.
    2. I don't need a baby stroller.

sofa king awsm
    Sep 2008
    ^
    I hope there wasn't a kid in the stroller.

Wierdo
    Dec 2005
    If there was he/she was folded pretty flat!

sofa king awsm
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by woodway View Post
    If there was he/she was folded pretty flat!
    Was there a circus in town recently? Some of those carny people are pretty flexible.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Found any roadside treasure on yer commute?-carvssteelpoleguesswhowon.jpg

Car version of yard sale.

Surprisingly, it appeared that the guy only got the wind knocked out of him and a small stream of blood coming from his nose. Looked a lot worse from the outside. The firefighters were really taking their time with their hydraulic splitter thingee, attempting to extract the driver from the rear driver door. He was pretty big and the seat didn't recline back that much. I was one of the first there, and noticed he had no seat belt and the seat was fully reclined.

Scenario: He was going in the direction that I'm facing, sped up, turned left sharply and smashed into the raised median, did a counter-clockwise spin, and smashed passenger-door-first into steel pole that holds up the traffic light. Took out the boxes that control the traffic, which are laying in the foreground.

The car's battery was flung pretty far. Physics... also, now I understand why electric cars are still shaped like internal combustion cars (mainly to pass the same safety tests).

mtbr member
    Yesterday I found an Estes model rocket beside the curb. It's missing the top and the parachute but otherwise in great condition. Surprised it didn't get run over. I'll probably fashion a nose cone for it and give it yo my 9.5 year old nephew.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

CB of the East
    Hey, I lost an Estes model rocket about 40 years ago when I was 10. Do you think it could be the same one? Those things are wicked hard to keep track of when they go out of site. you can probably grab a nose cone when you pick up the new engines that you will need.

sofa king awsm
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by djork View Post
    Yesterday I found an Estes model rocket beside the curb. It's missing the top and the parachute but otherwise in great condition. Surprised it didn't get run over. I'll probably fashion a nose cone for it and give it yo my 9.5 year old nephew.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk
    Hmmm...coincidence? Or...?

Wierdo
    Dec 2005
    In the last three days I have seen:

- A razor scooter that was laying in the bike lane (I stopped to move it)
    - A full bottle of sunscreen (this was on a rainy Seattle day). Kept this one, maybe someday the sun will come out here and I will need it.
    - A five gallon plastic gas can (empty, not that I could have carried it if it was full)

My new commute route is not as nice as the previous routes but there is more interesting stuff on the road.

mtbr member
    I found something today that I dont know the english word of, here are 2 pics:

https://goo.gl/photos/NwstWHqQczPV9R3Q7
    and
    https://goo.gl/photos/RyeEcEeZBxqdqPSx7

I am sure I will be able to use it someday. Already gave it a place in the bikelab.

What is it called actually?

mtbr member
    In the last five years I have found two cell phones while commuting on my bike. One was an iPhone. It had been driven over a few times so the screen was cracked and no longer worked. The other phone was fully functional with the screen still glowing in the bushes where I found it. I worked hard to reunite the iPhone with its owner, but failed. The functional phone had no password so I dialed the number labeled "MOM".

I learned a lot when I returned the phone to the owner. She explained that someone grabbed her purse off the back of her chair at a bar. The thief used her credit card to buy gas and groceries at several stores within the an hour. The police explained this is the M.O. for thieves because they need quick purchases with low security so they can dump the card before it is reported.

mtbr member
    I found something today that I dont know the english word of, here are 2 pics:

https://goo.gl/photos/NwstWHqQczPV9R3Q7
    and
    https://goo.gl/photos/RyeEcEeZBxqdqPSx7

I am sure I will be able to use it someday. Already gave it a place in the bikelab.

What is it called actually?
    A screwdriver. Very Germanic, that two words as one.

Cycologist
    I guess it is an awl.
    This post is a natural product. Variances in spelling & grammar should be appreciated as part of its character & beauty.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chazpat View Post
    I guess it is an awl.
    I can't tell from the photos if it has a blade or a point. If a point its, an awl or an alignment tool to line up bolt holes.

mtbr member
    Thanks guys! It has a pointed head so its an awl. Ran a google images search on awl and fits perfectly.

First time a translation tool couldnt help me.

Cycologist
    lol, I couldn't remember how to spell "awl", tried all kinds of spellings before I got it right. I wanted it to have four letters.
    This post is a natural product. Variances in spelling & grammar should be appreciated as part of its character & beauty.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I found a small drone this week.

sofa king awsm
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by WMBigs View Post
    I found a small drone this week.
    Oddly enough I am considering using a drone to deliver my briefcase to/from work. Will lighten my load considerably on the the route.

CB of the East
    In the last five years I have found two cell phones while commuting on my bike. One was an iPhone. It had been driven over a few times so the screen was cracked and no longer worked. The other phone was fully functional with the screen still glowing in the bushes where I found it. I worked hard to reunite the iPhone with its owner, but failed. The functional phone had no password so I dialed the number labeled "MOM".

I learned a lot when I returned the phone to the owner. She explained that someone grabbed her purse off the back of her chair at a bar. The thief used her credit card to buy gas and groceries at several stores within the an hour. The police explained this is the M.O. for thieves because they need quick purchases with low security so they can dump the card before it is reported.
    I've found at least 3-4 working cellphones and countless smashed ones.
    https://thecandidcyclist.blogspot.co...nny-story.html

Thanks guys! It has a pointed head so its an awl. Ran a google images search on awl and fits perfectly.

First time a translation tool couldnt help me.
    Or it could be a shiv. Do you live near any prisons?

Today I thought I found a leatherman but it was only the case and a cheap one at that.

CB of the East
    Within the last week:
    1 Broken flip phone, beyond hope
    2 Wrapped KIND bars, Dark Chocolate, Nuts & Sea Salt.
    1 Small packing tape dispenser with tape.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Only thing I've found recently that was worth stopping to check out were a pair of red, white, and blue colored safety glasses.

CB of the East
    Oh yeah, I found a pair of amber safety/riding glasses too. Not even scratched up yet (more than most of my other ones) I've actually worn them on the last few gloomy days and it makes it seem sunnier.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I always wonder how many phones bike commuters must find. I've probably found a half dozen or so, tracked down 3 owners and the others I dropped off at the respective carrier stores. I've not received (or really expected) any kind of reward, but the three I returned in person were all very grateful.

mtbr member
    I found one delaminated cross-country ski next to the road this morning, a fatal projectile for someone on a bicycle.

Found any roadside treasure on yer commute?-photo-may-12-05-14-25.jpg

mtbr member
    I recently found an iPhone in the gutter after a rainy night into the morning. Surprisingly it still had a charge and worked. I could access texts since there was no screen lock, one of which declared the father of the owner and his number. I called it and told him he could find it at the local church nearby. First and probably the last time I will be called a saint. I was offered a reward, but I'll take the karma.

This is another good reason to enable the location app on your kid's phone....
    I don't know why,... it's just MUSS easier to pedal than the other ones.

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dbhammercycle View Post
    First and probably the last time I will be called a saint.
    Once more than the rest of us, I'd guess.

CB of the East
    As if the crosscheck weren't heavy enough I found Thor's hammer by the side of the road and had to bring it home. Found any roadside treasure on yer commute?-capture.jpg
    Actually it's an Eastwing

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    I've found many coffee cups over the years. People forget they put it on the top of their car and drive off. How do I know? I've done the same thing.
    The other day I was riding to a Mule Days festival in a town not far from my house. I found a rubber bungee cord, the heavy duty type, in damn good shape. I stopped and put it on the rack. Then I found another, and another, total of 6. Someone musta had them on the top of their trucks tool box. Don't know. And they're the perfect size for tightening the tire chains on my old 9N tractor. Will come in handy this winter when snow moving becomes a priority
    DAMN THE MUD, FULL SPEED AHEAD!!

CB of the East
    - A Gerber folding knife in good condition. This One
    - A smartphone in smashed condition - No SD card either.
    - A pair of vice grips - too rusted to use.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    another rubber bungee cord. Big long heavy honker. Took a bit to tie it to the rack

Moderator Moderator
    A railroad spike and a big metal gear thingy - a scrappie must have had a loose load. I had no use for either.

CB of the East
    I found 2 dollar bills in the pharmacy drive through.

And a sweet Nike Hat.
    Found any roadside treasure on yer commute?-20170728_073549.jpg

mtbr member
    A 15" Pittsburgh crescent wrench... just layin' there, nobody around...

mtbr member
    I found $160 yesterday.

I was cruising down a neighborhood thoroughfare and noticed a senior citizen across the street pulling a cell phone out of her pocket all the while paper money was fluttering to the ground behind her. They were crisp new $20 bills, the kind you get from a cash machine. I waited for traffic to clear, scooped-up the bills, returned them to her and rolled away. Absolutely stunned, she had no words.

mtbr member
    I found $160 yesterday.

I was cruising down a neighborhood thoroughfare and noticed a senior citizen across the street pulling a cell phone out of her pocket all the while paper money was fluttering to the ground behind her. They were crisp new $20 bills, the kind you get from a cash machine. I waited for traffic to clear, scooped-up the bills, returned them to her and rolled away. Absolutely stunned, she had no words.
    Lovely. Good on you!

mtbr member
    Reputation added to you for that!!

I found $160 yesterday.

Moderator Moderator
    Hero, Stingray!

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dbhammercycle View Post
    A 15" Pittsburgh crescent wrench... just layin' there, nobody around...
    Exactly what I use for headset nuts and old B/B fixed cups. Nice find.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Not too long back I saw an old road bike on one of my dirt road endeavors. I stopped to take a look and decided to go get my truck. It appears someone tried to ride it missing a rear tire. Wheel shot. However I had a spare 27". New chain, freewheel, tires, etc. made it a functioning bike. I took it for a spin and decided to keep it. But I was made an offer and made my investment back. Damn the bad luck. A good beater is nice to have around. I didn't even have a chance to take pics
    BTW, KHS Gran Sport, guessing from the late '70's to mid '80's. Ten speed. Most likely made by Giant. Said made in Taiwan, R.O.C. on the head tube sticker.

Straight out tha traila
    Found a 5/8 socket in the gutter at a stoplight this morning. Can't have too many of those when you have a rusty Jeep built in the 70s.

Found any roadside treasure on yer commute?-20171116_083323.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    I got the GranSport back and paid less than I sold it for. Got some new wheels for it and made it a dang good bike for running around town.

Hi, my name is OlMarin and I'm a bike build-aholic

Moderator Moderator
    There was a nice pair of wingtips at a bus stop yesterday morning. My guess was they were purposefully left for a bus passenger in need of dress shoes. I didn't notice if they were gone on the ride home.

Moderator Moderator
    A treasure trove on Wednesday: 1 pair of sunglasses, cheap but in good shape, 1 microSD card from a busted phone, and 11 cents.

CB of the East
    ^^ I forgot about checking busted phones for SD cards. I just passed one yesterday. Make sure you format it before anything else...viruses. A common way to spread them is to leave an abandon thumb drive lying on the ground. SCORE on the 11 cents!

Speaking about viruses, what is the rule about roadside underwear. I've been passing a pair that appears to be in really good shape but I think there must be a rule.

mtbr member
    Yesterday early evening, on the commute through the neighborhoods, it's trash day tomorrow. Apparently there's a family no longer in need of a Deuter Kid Comfort III... with the tags. That's 300 simoleans retail or 240 at REI currently. Crazy what people just throw away. No stains I can see, zero or very little wear, has the camelbak bladder. Why wouldn't you just donate the carrier? The salvation army will come and pick it up ffs. Esta loco en la cabeza, no?

I'm tempted to take the straps for another pack of mine and could still sell it, definitely could still donate it...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 49