Forgot Something?- Mtbr.com
    Moderator Moderator

Forgot Something?

SusCom to the Rescue. While they may not provide you with dress shoes (ahem) or undies, if you need a lock, light, pump, or patch, fear not.

South Gloucs businesses install emergency cycle kits for commuter cyclists | road.cc | Road cycling news, Bike reviews, Commuting, Leisure riding, Sportives and more

What else have you forgotten (or provided)?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I've been without fenders once in torrential rain. With a leather saddle, I couldn't (shouldn't) ride. Took 3 days and some love to reform the saddle and dry it out.

mtbr member
    A towel is never a good thing to forget. Drying off after a shower with non-absorbent paper towels is never fun.

Moderator Moderator
    ^^ I've done that too - ick.

Unhinged Aussie on a 29er
    Thankfully, we have both lockers AND towels at work. The trick is to keep at least one towel in your locker, lest they run out of spare towels... I also keep a roll of paper towels upstairs in my office.

Things I have forgotten or provided for others:
    • Patch kit - just once. And of course, I got a flat on that ride.
    • 15mm wrench when I rode my SS - double flat (front and rear). I had previously patched tires without removing the wheel so it wasn't so bad, but it does take a lot longer to do.
    • 700x23 tubes - I bought 15 of these on sale a while back. I now have none. The tires I ride on are 700x28's or bigger. Only one person has ever given me a tube back, and he and I now ride together on a regular basis .
    • The battery to my light :P. Not an issue now that I have a dynohub, but not an issue then either since I always have two lights.
    • Lock on numerous occasions. I now keep a lock in my frame bag, although it really just slows them down by making them cut through the wire first. Don't use it anywhere I can't see the bike, or get to it outside of ~5s., because that's how long it would take someone to cut through it with wire cutters. Most places here are cool about bringing the bike inside, and because it's such a weird bike, they usually want to talk about it

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I forgot my underwear once. Exactly once.

Members who have read this thread: 0