Finally back commuting...- Mtbr.com
    Teen Wolf

Finally back commuting...

I've been working out of town for the past 5-6 years, about 25 miles from home. Yes, I know, a lot of you probably ride that to work, however, riding 50 miles round trip daily doesn't sound fun to me, and to safely get there, I had to ride on side-roads so my ride would near about 30 miles one way. I did ride there on occasion, but not often. I just took a job back in town and the first thing I wanted to figure out was my commuting amenities. I don't have a shower on-site, but that shouldn't be a problem as my ride is only 4-5 miles depending on my route. I am able to bring my bike inside and store it inside my office, so that is awesome. It's also private enough that I can just change in my office and store stuff there. I love that I'm able to ride any bike I own and not worry about locking it up somewhere that I can't monitor. I just ordered a Raleigh Furley which I plan on riding to work most of the time, singletrack on the way home, woohoo! but for now, I'm riding this most days:

I think I need some fenders on it as it's been wet lately.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and that it's been nice to be back commuting again after a long hiatus.
    Last edited by cr45h; 03-20-2012 at 06:01 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I am in the same boat as you.

Used to ride to work a few years ago, but life got in the way and to add insult to injury my bike was stolen.

Just got a new cheapie MTB on clearance at Target and also picked up a 1970's era Falcon street bike for next to nothing at an auction.

Trying to figure out which one will be easiest to get set up for the commute and then wait till the ice and snow clears up some more before I can get on the road.

since 4/10/2009
    For cryin out loud put a brake on that fixie!

Teen Wolf
    bilder: you'll love being back in the saddle. i enjoy looking forward to starting my day off with a nice ride.

Bedwards Of The West
    Your cranks are like totally on the wrong side. Do you ever roll up the wrong pant leg?

I do just under 6 miles (shortest route) and have no shower at work. Shower at home, and a wipe down upon arrival and you're probably good. having the ability to park inside and stash clothes at work is great. Have fun sorting out a route(s)!
    You have no excuse for driving to work
    (unless you don't have studded tires)
    (no excuse for that either)

weirdo
    Quote Originally Posted by CommuterBoy View Post
    Your cranks are like totally on the wrong side. Do you ever roll up the wrong pant leg? !
    Oh, wow- just noticed that! You need to buy CB`s Jeep to haul your bike around.

Teen Wolf
    Quote Originally Posted by CommuterBoy View Post
    Your cranks are like totally on the wrong side. Do you ever roll up the wrong pant leg?

I do just under 6 miles (shortest route) and have no shower at work. Shower at home, and a wipe down upon arrival and you're probably good. having the ability to park inside and stash clothes at work is great. Have fun sorting out a route(s)!
    Tights or shorts, that way I don't have to remember

Members who have read this thread: 0