Fenders- Mtbr.com

Thread: Fenders

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Fenders

I'm looking to get a rear fender that can go on my MTB and my road bike. I previous had one that strapped to the seat post, but it held together poorly. Any recommendations out there? I mainly need it for training rides when the weather is a little sloppy.

Paste eater
    planet bike fenders work great. They are not quite as cool looking as some of the older vintage metal ones though.

Neve_r_est
    SKS makes the most effective clipon fenders I've seen as of late. Adjustable, quick on/off, good coverage(for a clipon).

DG

Trip the Bike Fantastic
    I can't immediately think of any nicer, full-coverage fenders interchangeable with 26/700 tires, but perhaps something like "Rattail" fender would suit you. Warning: they will not make your bike look any cooler.

Bicyclist
    Mar 2008
    Does anyone know of an online store that sells metal full fenders? or aluminum ones?
    I have one salvaged set of crome metal fenders that I just started working on restoring. A little rusty and a few dents. Sanding and painting inside and out.
    I'm looking for another set so please let me know if anyone knows of an online store that carries metal or aluminum full fenders.

mtbr member
    I just bought a plastic clip on/off set but I think I am going to get the full coverage metal type soon

http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...?category=1795
    http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...p?category=698

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by KevinBicycle
    Does anyone know of an online store that sells metal full fenders? or aluminum ones?
    I have one salvaged set of crome metal fenders that I just started working on restoring. A little rusty and a few dents. Sanding and painting inside and out.
    I'm looking for another set so please let me know if anyone knows of an online store that carries metal or aluminum full fenders.

Neve_r_est

Bicyclist
    Mar 2008
    Thank you for the great links, Ray Lee and NonConformist.
    <B>Full metal fenders</B> just like I was looking for. Similar to the salvage fenders that I'm painting. I think the polycarbonate fenders would have a much shorter life span, especially from bumpy trail riding. Some trails that I ride are very rough (rocks, roots, trees, etc...). I think I'll place an order..
    Thanks again
    Ride on, Right on
    Last edited by KevinBicycle; 03-28-2008 at 11:12 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I have this for a back fender on my 4300 commuter bike

http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...8&category=698

works just fine for me

Members who have read this thread: 0