Family Feud

Printable View

• 01-17-2015
    mtbxplorer
    1 Attachment(s)
    Family Feud
    ‘Family Feud’ question sparks outrage: ‘What is something annoying that a cyclist might do?’ - The Washington Post

Attachment 956183

A bit sad that it's come to this. But I find it interesting that the top answer is not running lights or some other illegal maneuver, but basically just being in their way.
  • 01-17-2015
    BrianMc
    Wear Lycra? Have you seen some of the get ups at Wal Mart? :)

I get that when I do only 5 mph over the speed limit in my car. So I guess this should not be a surprise. ;(
  • 01-19-2015
    Carton
    Depending on how "cut you off" and "pulling out in front" are interpreted, there's only one real traffic violation the eight point list. It ranks below "Everything" and isn't even a traffic violation in Idaho.

There's something about driving a car that makes people see other cars as competitors and pedestrians and other humans on two wheels as gnats. Its something akin to running a large scale Stanford prison experiment.
  • 01-19-2015
    jeffscott
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mtbxplorer View Post
    but basically just being in their way.

Makes sense it is the activity that would cost a moterist the most time....
  • 01-19-2015
    rogbie
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffscott View Post
    Makes sense it is the activity that would cost a moterist the most time....

That is perceived cost of time. In reality it's a matter of seconds lost. Nothing the next red light or stop sign won't take back. But we all know this.
  • 01-19-2015
    ghettocruiser
    The take-home here is that motorists anger does not distinguish between legal cycling practices and illegal cycling practices.

Which is why I get real tired of hearing the "breaking the rules of the road gives all cyclists a bad name" refrain. It is false, at so many levels.