• 05-17-2014
    mtbxplorer
    Don't Salmon, Don't Shoal: Learning the Lingo
  • 05-17-2014
    TenSpeed
    Good read. I didn't know what a sharrow was until I read that. We have those here and I think that they honestly confuse drivers more than anything.
  • 05-20-2014
    rogbie
    Learn the etymology of "salmon" and "shoal" (which is not a school of fish).
  • 05-21-2014
    jeffscott
    Shoaling is pretty standard around here....least during the busy commute hours...

Even the bike cops do it.
  • 05-21-2014
    Straz85
    I've literally never seen more than one other cyclist at a light on a commute. I usually kick them out of the way so I can get in front. The majority of people on bikes around here are people with DUIs and who can't afford a car and are salmoning on the sidewalk. It's unfortunate, really. I wish they at least knew the rules.
  • 05-21-2014
    shining_trapezoid
    horseshoe clusterf*ck
  • 05-22-2014
    KentheKona
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Straz85 View Post
    I've literally never seen more than one other cyclist at a light on a commute. I usually kick them out of the way so I can get in front. The majority of people on bikes around here are people with DUIs and who can't afford a car and are salmoning on the sidewalk. It's unfortunate, really. I wish they at least knew the rules.

Hmm.. sounds like we're from the same place. Although I also have to contend with the hipsters who while on the correct side of the road, barely tap the brakes (if they are even on their singlespeed) who just blow through the light while weaving on and off the sidewalk.

On the topic of the barred from driving bike rider is a term I found at Bikehacks.com. The Felon Bar, a drop bar that has been roated upward.
  • 06-04-2014
    BrianMc
    Maybe we don't need to add this for members of this forum, but there apparently are those who need this: Don't be a moron/jerk.

AOL.com Article - Bus driver retaliates against bike rider