• 09-22-2013
    Utahnbiker12
    Do I hae the right tires??
    Hello, For my front tire I have the Hutchinson scorpion tire and it seems to be wearing pretty fast for a fornt tire, I have seen this on many other threads but was wondering if I have a hard rubber tire at back and soft rubber tire up front will it get better grip or should I go with both scorpion tires since the grip is phenomenal:thumbsup:
  • 09-22-2013
    hunter006
    Your rear tire will wear faster than your front tire under most circumstances, because it is the load bearing tire. If your front tire is wearing really fast, I wouldn't buy the same one for the rear unless you want to replace it frequently.

FWIW, I used to run a grippy front tire and a longer lasting rear tire, e.g. Vittoria Zaffiro or Rubino front tire, and a Continental Gatorskin touring tire for the rear. The Zaffiro would typically still have a lot of life left when the Gatorskin was worn out after 6000 mi.
  • 09-23-2013
    jrm
    tires with higher tpi and better casings/ sidewalls will on average wear better. What size wheels are you rolling on? Touring/commuting and some messenger tires are a good bet.
  • 09-23-2013
    Utahnbiker12
    I am running 26 inch tires. I am running the tires at 70 psi, (sais on the sidewall that I can) and was hoping to see if this would make it wear slower than 50 psi. its still wearintg fast, probably because I am going 30-40 miles an hour down hill, does this affect it?? should I go slower?????