• 09-30-2011
    mtbxplorer
    Cyclist Missing 2 wks Could be Anywhere
    This is really sad, keep an eye out for this guy, now bikeless & confused.

Missing Cyclist's Wife Fears Cancer Relapse - ABC News
  • 09-30-2011
    gecko_764
    Very sad story. I hope someone finds him soon.
  • 09-30-2011
    woodway
    Wow - I rode Cycle Oregon last year and I met this guy! My wife and I arrived late the first day and he helped to get us checked in even though rider services was already packed up to move to the next town. Very nice guy. I hope that they find him.
  • 12-07-2011
    motomuppet
    Has anyone heard anything about this, was he found? Did a search, but seems he is still missing?
  • 12-07-2011
    mtbxplorer
    The last I heard volunteers had called every hospital in the U.S. looking for him and came up with nothing. The websites say they are doing some billboards this month and also hoping to find someone that could have found the ipad he had with him.

https://sites.google.com/site/findmarkb/
    Find Mark | Facebook
  • 12-07-2011
    Boise Jim
    Is there a Facebook page or any other social media to help get this info out?
    We need to find this guy.
  • 12-08-2011
    jmmUT
    It's sad that three people are pretty sure they saw him trying to hitchhike and flashing a light erratically. You'd think people would consider that more than just wanting a ride.
  • 12-19-2011
    mtbxplorer
    1 Attachment(s)
    Billboards will spread word of missing man Mark Bosworth

Posted: Dec 15, 2011 2:54 AM EST Updated: Dec 15, 2011 2:58 AM EST
    By FOX 12 Staff - email

ROSEBURG, OR (KPTV) -

New billboards along Interstate 5 in southern Oregon are calling attention to the disappearance of Mark Bosworth, who vanished Sept. 16 in Riddle, OR.

The billboards also mention the $10,000 reward for any information that leads to Bosworth's location. The billboard space was donated by Lamar Advertising for the next 60 days.

Since no sign of Bosworth has been found in the Riddle area, his family believes he may have gotten a ride out of the area. They say three people reported seeing a man trying to hitchhike along Yokum Road, which runs between the Riddle area and I-5.

Bosworth's family acknowledges that cancer has likely taken his life by now, but his wife and two daughters say they still want answers as to what became of Bosworth.

The two billboards can be seen on I-5 just north of Roseburg along the southbound lanes, and about 20 miles south of Roseburg, near the Myrtle Creek exit, along the northbound lanes.

Copyright 2011 KPTV. All rights reserved.
  • 12-21-2011
    decryptologist
    Oh... pretty sad with this..........
    Hope he was found...
  • 12-23-2011
    Spinnyspinspin
    Just posted that billboard pic on my facebook page, which we should all do. If the billboard's only being seen on that one stretch of interstate it's our responsibility to help spread the word to as many cyclists in as many states as we possibly can.
  • 12-23-2011
    tjchad
    gggggggggggggg